Screen Scratches

DocsDad

Reaction score
I know there are many threads on screen protectors.... sorry

I don't personally have scratches on my Maxx's screen but my son had one on his GNEX. He bought "xo skin" screen protector and it essentially filled the scratch. I was quite impressed. I guess it goes on wet like window film. Again, I have not tried it but saw the end result and it was impressive. With so many people inquiring about scratches after the fact, I thought I would link it.

Motorola Droid Razr Screen Protector The Best Motorola Droid Razr Screen Protector | No Orange Peel | Hides Fingerprints | Clearest Screen Protector - $13.46 : Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins

cece5702

Reaction score
Good information to have! Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Andielyn

Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
Is there any kind of polish that works for removing light scratches on this gorilla glass? I have a few very light scratches and thought I would ask before I wasted money on something that doesn't work.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Ksupernor2 said:
Is there any kind of polish that works for removing light scratches on this gorilla glass? I have a few very light scratches and thought I would ask before I wasted money on something that doesn't work.

I've never heard of a polish for that. If you put a screen protector on they will not be visible because the adhesive fills in the scratches.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've never heard of a polish for that. If you put a screen protector on they will not be visible because the adhesive fills in the scratches.

Good idea, and you can also use car wax to remove fine lines.. just regular finishing wax... use it sparingly, and test it somewhere on a corner first, because some waxes are more abrasive than others... and could scratch your screen more.

Toothpaste is also a good way to polish out scratches...not gel, regular tooth paste. But with ANYTHING, try it on a corner first..

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Good idea, and you can also use car wax to remove fine lines.. just regular finishing wax... use it sparingly, and test it somewhere on a corner first, because some waxes are more abrasive than others... and could scratch your screen more.

Toothpaste is also a good way to polish out scratches...not gel, regular tooth paste. But with ANYTHING, try it on a corner first..

I used toothpaste to remove scratches from my motorcycle visor many times works like a champ, gorilla glass would be an unknown for me though. Good luck.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Car wax or toothpaste will work.. use a finishing car wax.. not an aggressive compound.