screen randomly turns on, even when locked

grimbergen

Reaction score
Hello, I just started seeing this yesterday afternoon -- when the screen is locked/on power save, it will randomly turn itself back on. THe phone is still locked, but this will occur every few seconds to 30-60 secs. Then it will just black out again to being screen locked.

I haven't installed any apps lately. Was there are new system update? I don't recall seeing any. I've restarted the phone a few times already, also by removing the battery.

Also, the day prior I noticed all my photo tags were erased. not sure if it's related. ugh

motorman8424

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. My wife's LG Optimus Q for Straight Talk is doing the same thing. I'm wondering if it might have to do with my Advanced Task Killer app being set to "Crazy" mode and "When Screen Off". And i've got my wife's phone set up the same way. Like maybe one of the apps is trying to update itself and can't. Idk. Weird though.

leftspin

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. My wife's LG Optimus Q for Straight Talk is doing the same thing. I'm wondering if it might have to do with my Advanced Task Killer app being set to "Crazy" mode and "When Screen Off". And i've got my wife's phone set up the same way. Like maybe one of the apps is trying to update itself and can't. Idk. Weird though.

Android handles tasks well enough on its own that task killers often cause problems. I'd bet that's the issue in your case, uninstall it and see what happens

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

motorman8424

Reaction score
Android handles tasks well enough on its own that task killers often cause problems. I'd bet that's the issue in your case, uninstall it and see what happens

I would, but i use it to make my battery last longer. With those settings i'm getting alot better battery life threw out the day.

leftspin

Reaction score
I would, but i use it to make my battery last longer. With those settings i'm getting alot better battery life threw out the day.

I don't think the task killer is really helping as much as you think, but if you insist on using it then you're gonna keep seeing the same problems. A better way to improve battery life is to reduce the screen brightness and keep mobiledata, wifi, GPS and data sync off at all times unless you're using them. That's all I do and my battery lasts me more than 24 hours.

motorman8424

Reaction score
I actually think I figured it out. I have 3g watchdog on my phone and I've been using the mobile data switch to keep my 3g network turned off. The last day and a half I've left it turned on and no problems. Makes me think one of the apps was trying to update itself or something and couldn't. Idk but my problems seems to be resolved.