Screen randomly flickers

MailboxHead

Reaction score
Just got my S3 Wednesday after some drama with Verizon (gave me a 16 when I wanted a 32, it was a whole thing).

I really don't want to return it and go through all of that again but... The screen has been randomly flickering on me, maybe once or twice a day with no rhyme or reason to the app. I don't know it this is a precursor to bigger problems or not. Anyone else running into this? If so problems down the road with it?

Parzec

Reaction score
My wife's galaxy had screen issues involving loss of sharpness and clarity, flickering, etc. We actually had it replaced under warranty but the replacement started doing the same thing. For this reason, I think there might be a batch of bad screens and/or internal ribbon cable issues. If it is flickering that you can reproduce, I would definitely get a replacement.

PaulBrown

Reaction score
Samsung Screen Resonds without Touching it

Just got my S3 Wednesday after some drama with Verizon (gave me a 16 when I wanted a 32, it was a whole thing).

I really don't want to return it and go through all of that again but... The screen has been randomly flickering on me, maybe once or twice a day with no rhyme or reason to the app. I don't know it this is a precursor to bigger problems or not. Anyone else running into this? If so problems down the road with it?

I just bought the Samsung S3 and have a similar problem. The screen just keeps activating randomly as if someone is touching it all over. This cause it to automatically open apps and menu's at random without my input. Can someone help?

Note: This only happens when it is being charged through the main charger. Charging it via a PC does not reproduce the problem)

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Mine flickers as well. Also, it is random as to when it is quite bright and sharp -vs- when it is much to dark and not vivid.
I've given up on finding the "glitch-free" phone. Sad really, $600.00 device and while I would NEVER tolerate this in any other electronic device (any device actually) I have given up on these "made in China" controllers of our lives in the waking hours.
Form of mind control.....:blink:

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Mine flickers as well. Also, it is random as to when it is quite bright and sharp -vs- when it is much to dark and not vivid.
I've given up on finding the "glitch-free" phone. Sad really, $600.00 device and while I would NEVER tolerate this in any other electronic device (any device actually) I have given up on these "made in China" controllers of our lives in the waking hours.
Form of mind control.....:blink:

Mine flickers too, but it just started and I've had mine a couple of weeks. I probably won't do anything about it because I hate trying to setup everything again. If it gets any worse I will, but it's still loads better than my Thunderbolt was even on its good days.