Screen protector or skin needed with otterbox?

jmw

Reaction score
I'm getting my moto droid in a few days and want to keep it protected. After doing some research on this site the otterbox seems to fit the bill. My only question is whether it is necessary to use a screen protector or skin of some sort (there seems to be some debates between the Zagg and Skinomi Techskin) in addition to the otterbox? Thanks for your help.
Michael

GryphonD

Reaction score
Zagg makes a good product which does its job very well. There are imo two issues with it though (and I have not used the other one).

If not properly applied, you end up needing to buy another one pretty much right off the bat. Also, although it is great for what it does, it has an odd, tacky feel and leaves your phone looking like it has some strange film on it.

I would imagine it is the same for all items of this sort, expect to spend about 15-20 minutes getting it fully and properly applied, as well as all the micro bubbles squeegeed out. make sure you do not use you screen for about 12-24 hours after applying the film or it could cause it to move. After wards, I would suggest buffing it with a nice smooth microfiber or the like but wait till it has fully dried and taken place to do this last part.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Your otterbox will come with a screen protector. It is actually a decent one too. After 2 months mine has not scratched at all. I stopped using the otterbox though as it made squeaky noises when I held it.

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
I also have the Otterbox and the screen protector that comes with it is nice. Its not the flimsy soft protector its the stiff hard and smooth. Feels like a naked screen. Mine also squeaks a lil too on the chin, but this case is by far the best case i have ever had in my opinion.. dancedroid

OP
jmw

jmw

Reaction score
I also have the Otterbox and the screen protector that comes with it is nice. Its not the flimsy soft protector its the stiff hard and smooth. Feels like a naked screen. Mine also squeaks a lil too on the chin, but this case is by far the best case i have ever had in my opinion.. dancedroid

So how does the otter box squeak? Is it from play of the phone inside the case or something else? Anyone else have a squeaky otterbox!

Jcshannon05

Reaction score

So how does the otter box squeak? Is it from play of the phone inside the case or something else? Anyone else have a squeaky otterbox!

It really doesnt squeak... it just makes a tapping sound down by the chin like the case is a bit loose. It doesnt do it too noticeably unless you are ocd about a case fitting perfectly. It is still the best case out right now.