Screen problem when making calls

JPUSCPSCH

Reaction score
My bionic screen cuts off when making a call. I enter telephone # and press green phone icon. The screen cuts off but the call is being made. I must cut power back on and screen is on dial pad and call is in progress. After recent update phone would cut off by itself but removed battery and replaced and this seemed to clear this up. Anyone else with this problem or does anyone have a solution. Thanks.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
You sure it's not the way you hold the phone... my wifes was doing that and i showed her she was covering the proximity sensor with her finger while she was dialing... it's there to turn off the screen when you put the phone up to your ear to save battery

Last edited:
OP
J

JPUSCPSCH

Reaction score
BCHUCK just had glass repaired but do not think that is problem. had shield over new glass and removed and reset so to make sure proximity sensor was not obstructed. Phone screen goes dark even before phone even is brought up to ear level, so this is not the problem.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark... that's a weird one for sure... sounds like warranty replacement to me... moto was real cool about handing me a brand new one when my softouch buttons weren't lighting up so don't hesitate when it comes to hardware problems