Screen Orientation Sensor issue

adr3nalin3

Reaction score
I just got my Gnex yesterday (hooray!) and I've been playing around with it all morning. So far, the buggy thing I've noticed is that my orientation sensor is sometimes very sluggish to reorient itself from landscape to portrait. Does anyone else have this issue? I'I was just wondering if my issue is prevalent or not. Planning to root when I get home, and hoping that will fix it (because it did so on my OG droid).

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. Its just a slow transition. I've actually come to prefer that though. Nice not having it rotate by accident.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
A

adr3nalin3

Reaction score
Nope. Its just a slow transition. I've actually come to prefer that though. Nice not having it rotate by accident.

at first, that's what I thought it was, but as I kept using my Gnex, there would be times where I would be holding my phone vertically and it wouldn't switch from landscape for 5-10 seconds.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow...mine is certainly not that long. Its slightly less than instant. Just long enough for me to rotate the phone either way completely. It then rotates no problem. 5-10 seconds sounds ridiculous.

OP
A

adr3nalin3

Reaction score
Wow...mine is certainly not that long. Its slightly less than instant. Just long enough for me to rotate the phone either way completely. It then rotates no problem. 5-10 seconds sounds ridiculous.

I can definitely attest to that. It doesn't happen every time (thankfully) and I can't seem to figure out what triggers it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine takes a good 2 seconds most of the time. One time it did "hang" and then all I did was shake it a bit and it rotated. Sometimes it depends how we hold it the phone may or may not react.

Sometimes my parents have trouble with their iPhones, I say "you gotta pretend you're holding it up against a wall", works everytime. :D

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using GummyNex now and he tweaked the rotation time just enough to hit the sweet spot. Stock was way too long for me.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using GummyNex now and he tweaked the rotation time just enough to hit the sweet spot. Stock was way too long for me.
Yep, he adjusted it nicely. I imagine Google will allow you to adjust the transition time with an update.