Screen Life

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I leave my phone plugged in almost all day - at home and at work while I'm on my computer. I'm usually texting and emailing people all day from my phone.

Just getting tired of hitting the power button to wake up the screen from sleep all the time. How harmful would it be to the life/brightness of the screen to leave it on all day (plugged in) - or on for the majority of the day? I would assume turning screen on and off 50 times a day would be harmful to the life as well. Always read that leaving LCD screens on is best for longevity.

What do you all say?

Last edited:

diverbelow

Reaction score
I leave my phone plugged in almost all day - at home and at work while I'm on my computer. I'm usually texting and emailing people all day from my phone.

Just getting tired of hitting the power button to wake up the screen from sleep all the time. How harmful would it be to the life/brightness of the screen to leave it on all day (plugged in) - or on for the majority of the day? I would assume turning screen on and off 50 times a day would be harmful to the life as well. Always read that leaving LCD screens on is best for longevity.

What do you all say?

You can turn off the screen timeout in the menu settings. Just set it to never.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I read somewhere that the LCD screen has a life cycle of 60,000 hours....