screen jumping

paraman72

Reaction score
I made an attempt to search for this issues and found no one having a similar issue as me.

After viewing the screen for a few seconds the screen will become "jumpy" and start activating things without being touched. so much to the fact that it is difficult to cancel the activated items unless you close out the screen and do it as soon as you reenter. I had a similar issue with my original droid after dropping it. But that is not the case with this phone. Thanks for your help.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is it plugged in to a non- Motorola charger when this happens?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Redls1bird

Reaction score
My D3 has done this a handful of times. I had to do a battery pull to reset it. Ive not figured out what causes it though. No chargers plugged in what so ever.

rsevers

Reaction score
Had this occur with my last Droid x and now a bit worse with my a razor. Anybody know what's going on?

gltechguy

Reaction score
I've had that issue for awhile but haven't noticed since running hascode's cm9 alpha builds and liberty rom. Sony guess is it could be software but not sure. I had problems on stock and sd3. Change rom and see if it reoccurs.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I've had this issue occur to me several times on previous Droid 3's. I chalked it up to water/sweat/whatever damage(extremely rough work environment at times), after a few exchanges(bad keyboards and such). Then a magic patch came out and I never had the issue again. But it's entirely possible a little water getting under the touch screen matrix between the glass plates would do it rather than the "miracle" patch, which is what I had originally thought my issue was.

Related rant, why in the world would they have raised edges all around the screen? a little water with no place to flow just screams "screw your phone".

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I've had this happen to a few phones because It wasn't plugged into the "certified" charger, and it was making the screen freak out. So make sure your using the charger that came with then phone.

It sounds like a BS line the company feeds you but it actually does make a difference.