Screen Issue?

BobDog437

Reaction score
I have recently noticed what I hope isn't a sign my screen is failing...or something. When I wake up, put the phone to sleep, the bottom 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen flickers/flashes greenish, with horizontal lines, prior to the image appearing/disappearing from the screen. I have also noticed this flickering, with the image on, while the phone is docked bedside. I was using Dock Clock Plus and thought it may be an issue with the newest app update. I uninstalled the app and haven't noticed it with the default Samsung clock. However, it continues to occur with the wake/sleep activation.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hmm. Have you dropped it before? If not, then maybe you can plead your case to your provider or Samsung and see if they'll fix it or send you a refurb.

OP
B

BobDog437

Reaction score
Nope...it has not been dropped. Hoping it is nothing and when the screen is on, it looks as great a ever. Just that strange instant, as it awakes to the lock screen, or I push the power button to put it to sleep. I used the standard dock clock last night and did not notice any flickering, as with the Dock Clock Plus. I would rather use the Dock Clock Plus, as it allows for more dimming. The Samsung standard is much too bright.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm weird indeed. If its still under warranty, I would try to get a replacement.

Mmou100

Reaction score
I've got a screen issue, I think this would be the appropriate place to address it!

My s4 has a cracked digitizer, but no picture on the lcd. I know everything works, (digi, lcd, menu buttons, home button) cause when I plug it into another motherboard everything is fine and functional. Does anybody know what may have cause the display to stop outputting on the motherboard side? No water damage at all btw.