Screen going black during all incoming calls

tebower

Reaction score
Hi all,

Droid owner here, running Sapphire 1.1.0. (Yes, freshly wiped at install time).

I am noticing that when I swipe to answer an incoming call, every time the screen immediately goes black. The call is active and I am able to talk and hear the person, but the screen does not light back up until the call is ended. This is done whether or not my face is against the screen.

Outgoing calls allow me to see the call buttons until I place it close to my ear (as it's supposed to).

Is this normal behavior for this ROM? It worked correctly on stock.

Thanks!

OP
T

tebower

Reaction score
Lots of viewers...does someone want to at least say "Yes my phone does this too," or "No, I don't think this is normal?"

:)

glynch

Reaction score
Mine stays black after a call has ended and I have to slide out the keyboard to bring the screen back. Would that indicate a problem with the proximity sensor?

gotothebunny

Reaction score
my droid does this as well after upgrading...

I upgraded from Sapphhire 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 and I noticed this problem right away. I answer a lot of calls and its a bummer that on every single call i need to press the power on button to wake up the screen so I can push # and actually answer the call (i use a pbx system that makes me push # to connect).

Any help with this would be appreciated. I am considering downgrading back to 1.0.0 but I'd rather not.

gotothebunny

Reaction score
did some testing

I used terminal emulator and did switchapk phone cytown and then tested. When an incoming call came I did the swipe and the screen stayed on as it is suppose it. I then did switchapk phone stock and tested again... screen goes dark after swipe on incoming call.

I guess a temporary fix for me is to stick with cytown phone apk until the next sapphire release. I would prefer using the stock phone apk since calls equal money for me and I need as much stability as possible. Hopefully the cytown apk is stable. Does anyone have info about its stability?

ronniemattix

Reaction score
"Yes my phone does this too,"

Lots of viewers...does someone want to at least say "Yes my phone does this too,"
or "No, I don't think this is normal?"

:)
my phone rooted stock rom dose exactly that same thing, if i put it to my ear on an
outgoing call some times it will keep going black when i try to enter in numbers incoming calls
i cant even hang up with out going thru the steps of unlocking the screen.

yes sir and as far as i can remember it did the same when it was new unaltered.

thankyou, ronnie