Screen freezes after time-out

ryanm

Reaction score
My screen has been freezing black, the keys will light on and off when i push the button and stay so respectively. I have been pulling the battery bc thats all that seems to help? Any suggestions or do I head back to verizon?

mjs31

Reaction score
My screen has been freezing black, the keys will light on and off when i push the button and stay so respectively. I have been pulling the battery bc thats all that seems to help? Any suggestions or do I head back to verizon?

First I heard of that. May want to swap it out unless you have an app that is causing a conflict.

wonlee

Reaction score
screen freeze during the phone call

I have exactly smae problme, my screen freese during the phone call, black out and never come back, and all other fucntion not working after freeze, I had to take out battery out.

bacalao

Reaction score
Count me in the same boat. It has happened three times to me this week. Each time I was running multiple apps (ex. Pandora and browsing, playing a game, etc) when I received the call and spoke for a long time >15 minutes. Also, only happens when my girlfriend calls lol.
Phone screen would stay black after call, but the buttons on the bottom would light on or off when pressing power. Even trying to turn off the phone by holding it down didn't do anything. Had to pull battery....(flash backs of bb storm)
I spent hours playing and tweaking with my droid so it would break my heart to swap my droid.

wonlee

Reaction score
I fixed this problem, basicall you go to Verizon store or call to Verizonwireless Teck. support, they will reset (formated) the phone for you. after reset (formated) your phone will be fine. It happen because you download application, and some application doesn't correspondence with droid phone. that why.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
My device is doing the same thing. I was on it for a long time (35 mins) and now it won't respond. Black screen lit keys.

Say it isn't so

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It seems to happen only on lengthy calls

wonlee

Reaction score
yes, like more than 20 minute so, I had same problem, after reset the phone it's gone

wonlee

Reaction score
yes, after reset, I talked on the phone more than 30 minutes, many times. and there is no problem. just call the Verizonwilress, ask Teck. support to reset it. and you don't have to worry about data transfer becuase all your date in your Google account.

reggin

Reaction score
I guess you're referring to the old (remove battery, one finger salute gesture....point finger at hardware guy....no, point finger at software guy) issue.

Sayin'

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
yes, after reset, I talked on the phone more than 30 minutes, many times. and there is no problem. just call the Verizonwilress, ask Teck. support to reset it. and you don't have to worry about data transfer becuase all your date in your Google account.
Did they have you go into your settings and do the reset? Is that what you are referring to?

wonlee

Reaction score
not your phone setting, basically, you have to formatting (factory resetting). you can't not do by yourself, only authorize Verizon store or you can call the verizonwireless. they will resetting your phone. you will lose all application after reset.