Screen clicks down?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I have my screen closed, I can push down on it and it clicks down in the left top and bottom corners of the screen. There is just enough space between the bottom of the screen and the keyboard that it let's you push down on it. When I have the body glove on, it won't push down because of the little tabs of the case. Does anyone elses do this when they don't have a case on it?

Last edited:
OP
JhankG

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide if I should take it back for an exchange or not. This is my THIRD Droid now, and when I returned the second Droid, the lady at Best Buy said they would be charging me a restocking fee from now on. Best Buy also has the right the refuse returns according to their website. I'm sure the Best Buy employees just think I am being picky. The first Droid's "A" key would not click when I hit it and at times would not even work. The second Droid had the same "clicky" screen that this one has and also had some dust under the screen that I would see whenever I had a black background. Like I said, when I have the Body Glove case on, it is solid as a rock with no clicks. Neither of the first two Droid's camera would EVER get the green corners for focusing, but this one will get green more often than red. So should I try another return or am I being a picky little *****? What say you?

Trever1t

Reaction score
I can push on the screen when the keyboard is closed and there is a little amount of 'play' but I don't think it's any defect, or is it? When the keypad is fully open it feels solid.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Mine doesn't click. But you really don't need to push the screen that hard, the phone is pretty sensitive. I put a pretty good amount of pressure to see if it does click or move, it does move a bit at the bottom right corner, but that's fairly normal for a device like this. Slim, with a small gap between the screen and keyboard platform, but you really have to press the button with alot of pressure for it to move. I guess I can see why it annoys you, but you really don't need to press on the buttons that hard.

nate94gt

Reaction score
mine does that. doesnt bother me. you have to realize, there are 2 pieces to the phone. they are not connected there, and there will be a gap. of course theres going to be that movement.