Screebl not working at all - Droid

KingDufus

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a stock Motorola Droid 1 (FRG22D). I Installed Screebl lite, and cannot get it to work at all. I am using the default settings, with notifications on. The app is sensing the orientation of my phone correctly, because I can see the notification icon turn on and off. However, the screen does not shut off when it is supposed to. I emailed the developer but have not received a reply yet.
Does anyone else have this issue, or does anyone have a suggestion on how to get it working?
thanks!

Reaction score
did you change the settings? go into settings, and set portrait orientation and landscape orientation. I think the default is set all the way up, so you have to set it to the angle you use it. I keep mine at 15 and 75 degrees.

keyesdav

Reaction score
Usually this complaint comes from new users that don't clearly understand how Screebl works.

Screebl NEVER turns your screen off. It does the opposite. It locks your screen on, based on how you hold your phone. If you move out of one of the recognized ranges, the lock to keep the screen on is released, and then the screen will eventually turn off. How long it takes the screen to turn off will depend on your screen timeout settings. Generally, I recommend that Screebl Lite users set that value as low as possible (15 secs).

Screebl Pro allows you to set the screen timeout value as part of the Screebl preferences, and has the added benefit of offering a "minimum timeout" setting. The minimum timeout will allow the screen to timeout as fast as the phone will allow. On most devices that is between 3-5 seconds.

Dave

Hi all,
I have a stock Motorola Droid 1 (FRG22D). I Installed Screebl lite, and cannot get it to work at all. I am using the default settings, with notifications on. The app is sensing the orientation of my phone correctly, because I can see the notification icon turn on and off. However, the screen does not shut off when it is supposed to. I emailed the developer but have not received a reply yet.
Does anyone else have this issue, or does anyone have a suggestion on how to get it working?
thanks!

OP
K

KingDufus

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Now I understand what it is supposed to do. Looks like it was working all along! I also adjusted the settings and so far I like the app. Pretty cool.
Thanks again!

drust

Reaction score
droid 1 touch unresponsive

phone boots fine recieve texts, email, etc..

cant use any touch keys including the whole screen.
speaker is not currently working.. just vibrates

if i get a call it goes nuts and vibrates over and over(standard pause in between) NEVER STOPS even when call miss

phone call screen does not come up..

black screen with lower buttons lit vibrating indefinitly..

have to pull battery

side note:
was running shadow final
but have went back to factory stock trying to fix the issue

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
phone boots fine recieve texts, email, etc..

cant use any touch keys including the whole screen.
speaker is not currently working.. just vibrates

if i get a call it goes nuts and vibrates over and over(standard pause in between) NEVER STOPS even when call miss

phone call screen does not come up..

black screen with lower buttons lit vibrating indefinitly..

have to pull battery

side note:
was running shadow final
but have went back to factory stock trying to fix the issue

Drust…If you are having issues, first find the proper forum to discuss it in. In your case this sounds like the d1 rescue squad. SEARCh to see if this has been discussed. If i hasn't then start a thread on it. But please don't come into another thread where a whole different topic is being discussed and expect to get an answer. That's called high jacking a thtread.

-hook

drust

Reaction score
sorry was bouncing around on different threads last night looking an answer post on the wrong one did not mean to high jack

my apologies