Sbf?

phlux

Reaction score
I read on another forum that SBFing from GB to Froyo will cause me to brick....any insight on this? I really want to go back to Froyo/Liberty 2.0...

I also read instructions saying you didn't have to turn the phone off, but everyone here says you have to boot into CWM. I'm not sure what to believe, and really can't afford to screw this up at the moment...any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it may cause you to bootloop but all you would have to do is wipe data in stock recovery. i've done it once already. as for not having to the phone off, do you mean in order to get back to froyo? because that is definitely not true. you'll have to turn the phone off to get in to the bootloader to sbf the phone.

Last edited:
OP
phlux

phlux

Reaction score
it may cause you to bootloop but all you would have to do is wipe data in stock recovery. i've done it once already. as for not having to the phone off, do you mean in order to get back to froyo? because that is definitely not true. you'll have to turn the phone off to get in to the bootloader to sbf the phone.

some people are saying you could use the maderstock zip in cm to get back to froyo, but i don't know for sure if that will work.

Thanks for the quick response. Should I be using VRZ_A995_2.3.20 for my Droid 2? I'm really nervous about grabbing the wrong stuff and messing this thing up permanently.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes you want the full sbf of 2.3.20

The process isn't too difficult, but it is a little stressful your first time.

tappin and a talkin

OP
phlux

phlux

Reaction score
Yes you want the full sbf of 2.3.20

The process isn't too difficult, but it is a little stressful your first time.

tappin and a talkin

Woohoo! It worked! Thanks a million! It was very simple, but you're right about the stressfulness....I was having to find other things to do to keep my mind occupied while RSDLite was doing its thing. Thanks again!

One last question: If I root this thing now and don't remove any of the programs it came with, can I still get the OTA update when GB comes out, or would I be better off installing Liberty 2.0 and re-SBFing again when the update comes out?

Thanks again!

tb110895

Reaction score
Glad it worked for you man. Did mine a few days ago and was so scared to press "Start" but now I've done it at least 5 times

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i would suggest root and immediately make a backup in clockwork before changing anything, then you can flash liberty and restore that backup when the time comes to update.