SBF & Root help

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I am totally ignorant of how to root a phone. I have been reading through topics here and they have been flying WAY over my head. I believe I need to download some SBF file so I can restore the phone if I need to return it to factory default. I think what I need to do is:

1) Get whatever software I need to return it to normal. SBF?? What do I need and how do I do it.
2) Root the phone. What software will I need and what is the safest method to root it?

I'm sure these things have been explained numerous times, but reading through other posts, I am getting more and more confused. For me, the simpler the better.

Sorry for any repetition!

Greg

fishacura

Reaction score
I just wrote a sticky (see this subforum)...should walk you through the process pretty easily.

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
All rooted using PetesMotorolaRootTools. I have my screen capture app running like a champ, and Titanium Backup is installed. Now I need to figure out what I can safely freeze, so as not to hurt anything. I froze a few apps (Amazon Kindle, Blockbuster, City ID, etc.) and would love to know what else I can freeze to make it work better.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Just use petes bloat remover script

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
You rock FishAcura! Your links gave me lots to work with! I've been freezing a few things, but am very leary. Now I have a good list to work from!