Sbf or unroot?

pinback

Reaction score
So I'm rooted using the v7 script. I want to be unrooted and back to stock, with everything I currently have on my phone (except root only programs). Should I use "Pete's Script" to just unroot, or use an Sbf? Not really sure of the difference.

Also not sure how to use Sbf, just thought I'd include that in this post, even if I learn I should sbf, I'll research topics for that, so any help would be appreciated. :)

Thanks...

Thanks

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
P

pinback

Reaction score
Cool thanks. Does it matter that I didn't use "pete's tools" to root, but use it to unroot? Like does it matter which program I actually use?

OP
P

pinback

Reaction score
So, after all this I was able to "successfully unroot" my phone using pete's root tools". The last reboot happend, and now i'm in a bootloop. Motorola logo, droid logo, over and over again. I never froze anything, I never deleted anything. I hardly even used root, that's a reason I wanted to unroot. I am able to access the screen using M+ Power, and I DID do a nandroid backup. I tried the recovery option, and it gave me the android with a ! inside a triangle. I don't know what to do now. Not at all what I was expecting now, and this is going to cause some issues if I can't get this fixed asap. Any help please?

OP
P

pinback

Reaction score
Okay scratch that all. Was my first time, but I had to sbf. I used the fastboot method and worked perfectly. Luckily I did have some things backed up so everything is fine.

Now burn this thread!