Saving Texts/SMS

bluehope

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I can save individual texts/sms on my droid? I would like to save a few texts, but not a whole threat. I used to have a Blackberry and it was so easy just to Save an individual text and it would store them all in my Saved Messages, but it seems like the droid isnt even capable of saving an entire thread.

I read some people just forward their texts, but can I at least forward to my gmail account and store them in a specific folder? I tried forwarding but it looks like it'll only forward texts to phone numbers, not emails.

I've already done numerous searches for this online and the only thing I found was to install an app that allows saving of sms. Problem is all the ones I've tried just backs up the my entire messages. I only want to save a few texts, but not all of them. Is there any way to do that? Or is there an app out there that allows saving of individual texts? I would like to save it to my SD card preferably. Thanks to anyone that can help! :)

vearix

Reaction score
You could download the Motorola Phone Portal and connect your droid to your computer. From there you can view all your messages and copy and paste whatever you want to your computer.

huskur

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I can save individual texts/sms on my droid? I would like to save a few texts, but not a whole threat. I used to have a Blackberry and it was so easy just to Save an individual text and it would store them all in my Saved Messages, but it seems like the droid isnt even capable of saving an entire thread.

I read some people just forward their texts, but can I at least forward to my gmail account and store them in a specific folder? I tried forwarding but it looks like it'll only forward texts to phone numbers, not emails.

I've already done numerous searches for this online and the only thing I found was to install an app that allows saving of sms. Problem is all the ones I've tried just backs up the my entire messages. I only want to save a few texts, but not all of them. Is there any way to do that? Or is there an app out there that allows saving of individual texts? I would like to save it to my SD card preferably. Thanks to anyone that can help! :)

long press on the individual text you want to save and select save from the pop up screen

OP
B

bluehope

Reaction score

long press on the individual text you want to save and select save from the pop up screen

Tried that and no "Save" option came up. Only options I get are:
Unlock message
Call
Forward
Copy message text
View message details
Delete message
Speak text

Any other suggestions???

I already tried SMS Backup, but I don't like that it saves my entire texts. I just want to save an individual text to my SD card, no threads.

mach330

Reaction score
can u also lock txt/pix msgs? i was trying to do this on handcent, but can't figure it out.

OP
B

bluehope

Reaction score
can u also lock txt/pix msgs? i was trying to do this on handcent, but can't figure it out.

Yeah, I was able to do that. I just wanted a way to see if there was a way to move all those locked messages onto a saved folder similar to what the Blackberry offers where it'll store all those messages marked as saved into an actual Saved Messages Folder.

Rico ANDROID

Reaction score

Yeah, I was able to do that. I just wanted a way to see if there was a way to move all those locked messages onto a saved folder similar to what the Blackberry offers where it'll store all those messages marked as saved into an actual Saved Messages Folder.

I know this discussion is over a year old but wondering if an app has been developed yet that enhances the stock sms app where it opens like an email box with an In, Out, Saved, Draft and a Delete folder?

I liked that format from winmo sms. The current sms stock displays everything as one long list of messages.