Saving sounds for Ringtones

kcook323

Reaction score
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I used Phonezoo and sent a song to my phone via text message. I long-touched my message was and copied attached to SD card. When I went to my phone sound settings, it doesn't see anything on my card.

Also, I did something and I can't seem to restore it.......settings....SD card and phone storage....I clicked on Unmount SD card (what the crap? Do I have to take my battery off now and remount it?!?) Also, I clicked on Format SD card and it is highlighted now, but I didn't follow through to erase it. When I did all this...my phone barked Droid at me. ROFLOL Help!? Please?

Kendra

phonezoo

Reaction score
Phonezoo droid

can you post how you got it to work? thanks, Phonezoo

OP
kcook323

kcook323

Reaction score
Well, I don't really know how it happened, or why, but after this happened,
Also, I did something and I can't seem to restore it.......settings....SD card and phone storage....I clicked on Unmount SD card (what the crap? Do I have to take my battery off now and remount it?!?) Also, I clicked on Format SD card and it is highlighted now, but I didn't follow through to erase it. When I did all this...my phone barked Droid at me. ROFLOL Help!? Please?
I had to take my battery out and push my SD card back in, and then it was like it recognized it. (I can't remember if I turned my phone off and on or not). This could have all been a coincidence of course. Ahhhhh....ok....just tried it again. Found another song, sent it to my phone (via text messaging). Opened up my text message, played, and saved to SD card. I went to look for it, and it wasn't there. So, I turned my phone off and then turned it on. When I went to look for it again in my sounds, it was there this time. So....is there a feature to reboot your SD card without having to turn your phone off and on?!?

clwither

Reaction score
I'm having the opposite of this problem... I have my SD card in and sent tones to my self from myxertones.com, long-pressed save as ringtone because copy to sd card was not an option... Now there no where on my SD card and I have Duplicate ringtones stored some where on my phone... Any advice. Im curious to know why you have the option to Copy to SD card for your tones and i dont =\

mnksauce

Reaction score
i saw somewhere else that

"/media/audio/notifications is where you store files to use for app notifications. /media/audio/ringtones is where you store files to use as phone ringtones."

stb

Reaction score
Just got a Moto Droid, wanted my old ringtones back that I got from Phonezoo. What I did is use long press to save them to the SD card, then used Astro to veiw the SD card and from there set as ringtone. They were in the "download" directory.

janaefoudray

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my moto droid and I've tried the long click on the sound in my message and it does absolutely nothing but bring up a pause button! I want to save the sounds I was sent as ringtones and can't figure out how! HELP PLZ!
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I used Phonezoo and sent a song to my phone via text message. I long-touched my message was and copied attached to SD card. When I went to my phone sound settings, it doesn't see anything on my card.

Kendra

governmentcheese

Reaction score
forget phonezoo- download music junk ( pretty much has any song or sound u want ) and ringdroid. ringdroid lets you take any part from a song you want and set it as a ringtone or notification for your phone. easy to navagate, use.

if you are sending yourself texts with old tones and save them to sd card & cant find them, either mount your phone to your pc, open folder to view files, open dowload folder they should b in there. what i did from there is keeping that window open, open another file viewer from the computer option in the start menu, open the music folder & copy the files into the music folder- after unmounting go into music, select sons/sounds set them as a ringtone/notification when prompted.

or, go to app market, download astro file manager.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never have to restart here. I just stick them in whatever folder is appropriate (Ringtones/Notifications/Alarms) though I don't normally download tones. Mine all come from my PC.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
What format are the files in for alarm and notifications? I tried mp3 and it didnt show up? Do I have to restart the phone?

OracleofDelphi

Reaction score
To set Phonezoo ringtones on a droid:

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Open the message[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click Download Ringtone. You will be re-directed to Phonezoo's mobile site. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Click Download. This will download the song file to your phone[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Go to the main menu and select My Music. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select downloads[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Select the tone[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Press the options key and apply as ringtone is an option[/FONT]

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Not sure what SMS clients all of you are using, but in handcent when you click directly on the sound icon it just plays the sound, if you click on the message area around it, it gives you the option to save to the SD card.
In order to use these tones, you have to have your defaults cleared for notifications/ringtones/etc so that its not using android system by default. When you go to choose a notification, choose handcent instead of android system, then select the sound. Viola.
+1 ringdroid