Saving game data--Angry Birds

alm0614

Reaction score
I am going to be changing ROMs in the near future and am going to need to wipe data/cache.. is there anyway I can save the levels I've beaten in my games(mainly angry birds) so that I dont have to start over after reinstalling an app

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
For saving game data, i usually go into /data/data and find the corresponding folder to the game, copy that with root explorer onto my sdcard. Load new rom, install game, go back to /data/data, delete the new folder, and then move the old folder from the sd card to /data/data. Has worked with every game i have tried it on.

EDIT: I tried this on angry birds, moving from BB 0.5 to MIUI 4.1.1 and it did not work. What i had to do was copy the file "highscores.lua" from /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files to my sd card, then install the game, press play, and then exit the game, now paste the highscores.lua into the files folder.

EDIT2: Okay, that shows the saved scores, but when i go to play, it wont let me play the next level that should be unlocked, and if i play the previous one, it shuts the app down when i beat it. Seeing if i can figure it out now.

Last edited:
OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
For saving game data, i usually go into /data/data and find the corresponding folder to the game, copy that with root explorer onto my sdcard. Load new rom, install game, go back to /data/data, delete the new folder, and then move the old folder from the sd card to /data/data. Has worked with every game i have tried it on.

EDIT: I tried this on angry birds, moving from BB 0.5 to MIUI 4.1.1 and it did not work. What i had to do was copy the file "highscores.lua" from /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files to my sd card, then install the game, press play, and then exit the game, now paste the highscores.lua into the files folder.

EDIT2: Okay, that shows the saved scores, but when i go to play, it wont let me play the next level that should be unlocked, and if i play the previous one, it shuts the app down when i beat it. Seeing if i can figure it out now.

any progress?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I tried quite a few things, but never did get it to work 100% ended up just getting titanium backup and going that route, then just restore your backup with data when your on your new ROM.

luv2increase

Reaction score
I just use titanium backup. Move the game to your phone first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

acmasters

Reaction score
Just for others information, I was having the exact same issue as hemorrdroid, but I think I have it working now.

It seems my main problem was actually with the permissions of the files. You probably don't need to follow these steps exactly, but what I ended up doing that worked was doing a fresh install of Angry Birds, then without even opening the app up I moved my entire old "com.rovio.angrybirds/files" directory into "/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds" and gave it and all the files under it full permissions.

Now it appears that everything is exactly how it was when I left off before :)