Saving email attachment

dlarej15

Reaction score
i have a question, does anyone know how to save files or email attachment ont eh sd card? i got an email with an attached excel file but dont know how to save it, its really bothering me. my blackberry does it flawlessly. any suggestions?

Trip

Reaction score
If I go into my mail, then preview the document, the software I'm using (Documents to go) lets me go into the menu and select file, then save as, and the SD card\documents is the default location.

OP
D

dlarej15

Reaction score
this means i would have to purchase the docs to go app which is 14.99 right? cause i tried the free version and it would not let me. thanks for the help.

Trip

Reaction score
Yeah, without an app that lets you save it I don't see a way to do it.

Dream

Reaction score
I want to bump this because im trying to save an MP3 file emailed to me but I can do is "preview" it. Am I missing something?

pdxrealtor

Reaction score
I just got my "DROID" today. I just sent myself an MP4 and I could not open it or listen to it without first saving it to my SD card.

To save any attachments I've found you have to use a 3rd party mail app... I've been playing around with touchdown.

Any other info would be great.... like how can I just click on the MP4 in my email and have the phone open the attachment and play the MP4.... without having to save it first....

Caranator

Reaction score
Ok, I was having the same problem, and this probably isn't a convenient solution, but I removed my card, put in in an adapter and put it in the card slot of my laptop. I was able to save my document that way and easily transfer some pictures there too. I haven't tried music.

richard2768

Reaction score
Awesome! thanks DandyDon tje blackmoon app Really works! took care of the issue ease !