saving email attachment to phone

bc1984

Reaction score
I have an email with a pic attached. I can download the attachment fine but i want to save it to the phone. i dont want to set it as wallpaper or a contact icon, i just wanna save it in my photo album. how can i do that?

droidedin

Reaction score
If you're using Gmail, there should be an option to either download or preview attachment. Choose download. Then go to your gallery and the image should be in a folder called Download.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
B

bc1984

Reaction score
not using gmail, using yahoo. gmail account that came with the phone has never worked. took it back to the store, called costumer service, nothing they tell me to do makes the gmail work

johnnycool001

Reaction score
not using gmail, using yahoo. gmail account that came with the phone has never worked. took it back to the store, called costumer service, nothing they tell me to do makes the gmail work

I take it you are using the yahoo app? It doesn't work very well. When you touch the attachment it downloads. you can preview at this time. but it will not show up till days later in the gallery unless you reboot the phone. Option two open the attchment and then open astro, go to the yahoo cache, and it might be in their or you might have to reboot. option 3 download a third party app like large picture viewer that refreshes apone opening option 4 foward to gmail, then open with gmail. somtimes get hung in yahoo outbox requiring a reboot. option 5 open on PC move to phone via USB

Sent form my laptop using the keyboard

jpeves

Reaction score
Saving Attachmetns to Droid Phone

Open the email and touch the attachment and hold for a second or two and you will be given the option to save the photo or other attachement.