Saving Battery in Constant Low Signal Areas

Cwagmire

Reaction score
So I know it's usually best to place your phone in airplane mode when your phone doesn't have signal; however, are there any alternatives to this if you're in an area that constantly gives no reception? I live in the first floor apartment and I'm guessing the materials of the building completely kill my cell signal because I barely ever have more than one bar of signal if any signal at all. For example, my cell standby is usually about 50-55% time without signal during a given day.

I'm wondering if there is another setting or perhaps an app that will help save some battery or if I'm just stuck in a bad situation. Any help is appreciated.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Might want to try and get a network extender from Verizon.

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Might want to try and get a network extender from Verizon.

Thanks for the reply. If I was living here longer, I probably would spring for it, but I may just have to hold out for another three months then.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for the reply. If I was living here longer, I probably would spring for it, but I may just have to hold out for another three months then.
Guess you're going to have to hang tight for 3 more months. That's pretty much the only way to make your signal better, at least the only way I know of. My sibling had the same problem when she went off to college and we were with AT&T back then. We switched to Verizon and still the same problem, so it really does depend on location.

OP
Cwagmire

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Guess you're going to have to hang tight for 3 more months. That's pretty much the only way to make your signal better, at least the only way I know of. My sibling had the same problem when she went off to college and we were with AT&T back then. We switched to Verizon and still the same problem, so it really does depend on location.

I appreciate the info. Even though I have an upgrade in April. I'll probably just wait until graduation and I move out of that apartment as I don't want my new phone being drained similarly to my current phone.