saving apps to sd card

pico1

Reaction score
How can I save apps to sd card vs. Internal storage on 4.1.2?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
How can I save apps to sd card vs. Internal storage on 4.1.2?

You can't. Google removed that as a feature for Android in either 3.0 (honeycomb, only for tablets) or 4.0.

The SD card in 3.0+ is used strictly for media, like pictures and music. Of course, you can root your phone and install custom software to allow apps on SD cards again, but they're generally quite buggy and not worth it. Most phones come with plenty of storage these days for apps (as long as you remember to empty out that Vine cache :p )

OP
pico1

pico1

Reaction score
You can't. Google removed that as a feature for Android in either 3.0 (honeycomb, only for tablets) or 4.0.

The SD card in 3.0+ is used strictly for media, like pictures and music. Of course, you can root your phone and install custom software to allow apps on SD cards again, but they're generally quite buggy and not worth it. Most phones come with plenty of storage these days for apps (as long as you remember to empty out that Vine cache :p )

That's just it man. Vine is close to friggin 2GB on my phone!

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
That's just it man. Vine is close to friggin 2GB on my phone!

Clear the cache in Vine. There is a option in Vine's settings area to do it. It doesn't log you out or anything, just get's rid of the already downloaded Vines.

The developers of that app really should put an upper limit on how big the cache can get. It's pretty ridiculous that it can grow that big on it's own, and is causing a lot of performance problems on people's phones that don't know about the problem.

nyjastul69

Reaction score
I apologize for my ignorance, but what is vine? I looked in appstore and play store but those apps don't seem to what is being discussed here.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I apologize for my ignorance, but what is vine? I looked in appstore and play store but those apps don't seem to what is being discussed here.

It's a video sharing app made by the people at Twitter. It has a certain nasty problem of seemingly having no cache limit -meaning that after a month or two of use, it sucks up all your available space on your phone and makes it run slow, crashing apps etc.

It's not what he originally asked, but is still relevant to the conversation.

nyjastul69

Reaction score
It's a video sharing app made by the people at Twitter. It has a certain nasty problem of seemingly having no cache limit -meaning that after a month or two of use, it sucks up all your available space on your phone and makes it run slow, crashing apps etc.

It's not what he originally asked, but is still relevant to the conversation.

Thanks. It was the app I found then. For some reason I thought they were speaking about a cache clearing app. Thanks for the quick response.