adding apps to sd card

magicman11

Reaction score
all my apps are saved to internal storage how do i switch them from internal storage to sd card?

justin482005

Reaction score
Go to the market and download a app call (apps to sd)
And that will explain it very easy...the app works great

Sent from my DROID3

akhi216

Reaction score
all my apps are saved to internal storage how do i switch them from internal storage to sd card?

You can't as of now.

The Bionic comes with two forms of storage out of the box:

1.) Application storage - This storage is the area that you have to install apps from Android Market or non-market apps. It is also used for system processes.

2.) Media Area - Media Area is an internal SD card. This storage is the area you have to install parts of an app on using apps to SD. It is also used to store anything else that you download or put on it such as videos, music, etc..

As of now, there is no way to move install an app to an external sd card (SD-ext) on the Bionic. I don't know if they can/will enable it in a future update or if apps aren't being coded to allow it yet.

If you make a full backup copy of an app using something like Astro File Manager and want to move it to SD-ext, open files, find the app that you want to move, long-press it then select the option to transfer it to the SD-ext.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the lecture lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Infiniti87

Reaction score
With the Bionic you DO NOT want to move your apps to the SD card. For some reason the system has a problem reading the SD card when you reboot your phone and apps have a tendency to disappear. Until we get an update that includes a fix for this you wanna make sure all your apps are installed on internal memory unless you don't mind going to use an app and find out it doesn't exist on your phone anymore. Read through the threads in the tech support section. You'll find tons of threads on this subject.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

akhi216

Reaction score
With the Bionic you DO NOT want to move your apps to the SD card. For some reason the system has a problem reading the SD card when you reboot your phone and apps have a tendency to disappear. Until we get an update that includes a fix for this you wanna make sure all your apps are installed on internal memory unless you don't mind going to use an app and find out it doesn't exist on your phone anymore. Read through the threads in the tech support section. You'll find tons of threads on this subject.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

This. I meant to post it in my previous post but I forgot.

I had an Android phone since the mother of all Android phones, G1. Since apps to sd was enabled with Android 1.6, I noticed that whenever apps are stored on an SD card (and Media Area/internal SD card), it cause the system to go haywire for some reason e.g. lagging, causing apps to disappear. I will note that an app has to be apps to SD enabled for it to be moved to an SD card but I will advise against doing it, as I find it probable that it's the culprit in like 60% of problems that a person may have with their phone.

You have to be careful be cause some apps are coded to put themselves to Media Area/internal SD card upon installation, thus you could put all of you apps in Application Storage (Phone) download an app that coded to install to SD card upon installation and encounter problem without even knowing the cause.

Again, sorry for the lecture.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums