Why put apps on sd card?

The Albatross

Reaction score
Are there any other benefits for putting your apps on your sd card outside of saving space on your phone's internal storage?

silverfang77

Reaction score
Well there's the fact that the amps would still be there even after a factory reset or if you put the card in another Android.

However, I've run into trouble with apps on SD card disappearing from the start page.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

born2golf

Reaction score
Well there's the fact that the amps would still be there even after a factory reset or if you put the card in another Android.

However, I've run into trouble with apps on SD card disappearing from the start page.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

Putting apps on the SD card will not permit them to magically run if the SD card is inserted into a different device. There have been extensive threads on that topic.

In most cases moving apps to the SD card is done to preserve the onboard storage of the device. Some devices have very limited storage which limits the number of apps that can be installed. This feature removes that limitation.

Reaction score
Saving the phones internal memory is useful.. in my experience homescreen widgets wont run on the homescreen if theyre moved to sd card

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

silverfang77

Reaction score
That's been my experience too.

Really the best thing to do is just keep the APKs of sideload apps on the SD card so you can reinstall them in a pinch if you have to wipe your Android.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's been my experience too.

Really the best thing to do is just keep the APKs of sideload apps on the SD card so you can reinstall them in a pinch if you have to wipe your Android.

+ 1

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict