Saving A Picture

lieblax

Reaction score
I got my droid 2 global about two weeks ago. I was on this site trying to download a wallpaper to set as my background, and when i long press the image and click on save image, nothing happens. I'm not sure if it even actually saved the image, as it doesn't appear in the gallery and it never said it was downloading anything. Any suggestions? Thanks

vintage2714

Reaction score
Try looking in sd card then downloads I hope this helps

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
lieblax

lieblax

Reaction score

Do you mean settings>SD Card & Phone Storage? Because I don't see an download option in there? And what exactly is supposed to happen when i save a picture? Should it show an active download or anything?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Use Astro or some other file explorer app and look on your SD card for a download folder.

You can see the same but connecting/mounting your phone to your computer.

OP
lieblax

lieblax

Reaction score
Alright well I didn't find a way to save the picture on my phone, so I emailed to my gmail account and then it gave me the option to download it into my gallery. So I got it, thanks for all the help guys!

vintage2714

Reaction score

Do you mean settings>SD Card & Phone Storage? Because I don't see an download option in there? And what exactly is supposed to happen when i save a picture? Should it show an active download or anything?

Yes that's what I meant. This happens to me sometimes. So when I don't see an active download I go into sd card & phone storage I then go into phone storage and go to downloads. I use astro now. And yes it should show an active download but sometimes it doesn't.

OP
lieblax

lieblax

Reaction score
Alright sorry to revisit this, but I started using the firefox beta to do my browsing, and it has a download page. I can see when something is downloading now, and when I go to the downloads page it gives me the option to either go to that page, open the download, or delete the download. When I open the download, it says I can view the picture or open it with the ASTRO photo manager thing. But when I choose one of these, the file does not actually go into my download folder within ASTRO, nor does it go to my gallery. So I guess I don't understand how to actually get a file into my download folder, because even though firefox says I've downloaded a file, it doesn't show up in any folder other than the firefox download page. Thanks sorry if that was confusing.

Could this be because my downloads don't go to the SD card and therefore aren't in the download folder? Or do they always go the SD card?

Last edited: