Save MMS Pic in Wallpaper Gallery

digglerfied

Reaction score
I just got my Droid 2 Global yesterday and I made some correct pixel images in ImageReady and saved them to my photo gallery. But that makes me use the crop tool and it makes the image bigger than it's supposed to be when set as a wallpaper.

After looking around, it would seem that if I can save the picture to the wallpaper gallery, I won't have to use a crop tool. Is this correct? I've made 2 different pixel sizes of the image: 960x854 & 480x854.

1. How can I save these to the wallpaper gallery so I can use the full size?

or

2. How can I use the full size photo from the photo gallery?

Seems like the wallpaper gallery is the way to go with this, but I've only spent about 2hrs with the phone.

Thanks!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
The image must be 960×854. Place it somewhere on the SD card. Open gallery, and find the image you copied. Long tap it, and choose Set as wallpaper. A cropping window will appear; just drag the frame to cover the entire picture, it will work. Then save.

You can remove the picture from the SD card afterwards.

That's how it worked for me.

Note that the image is 960×854 for a reason: when you switch homescreens, it pans along the image.

Last edited:
OP
D

digglerfied

Reaction score
I have made the correct dimensions of the picture, but for some reason, it still seems to "stretch" the image when you set it as the wallpaper. Even if I try to crop the whole image.

It just seems like it would be easier to have the image stored in the wallpaper folder. That way there is no cropping tool and it will just use the image' correct size that I made... Which is 960x854.

Is there a way to move the image from the SD card to the Wallpaper folder? If so, how?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Well, you need to be rooted for that. And I don't remember where in the stock firmware the wallpapers are actually stored.

I'm pretty sure though that 960×854 worked perfectly for me; on the home screen, it gets “cropped” at the sides, but when you move to the neighbouring home screens, the crop area moves along…