Satellite map tracking?

Drewcifer

Reaction score
I like to Geocache and was wondering if there was a way to see a satellite map, tracking everywhere I went that day. Something that traces my walked route through the woods so I can get a satellite visual representation of where I have been, and it would be a bonus if I could make markers on it too. Anyone know of anything like this?
My Garmin does this (but the battery needs replacing) and I want the funtionality on the droid 2.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Try an app called run tracker. It overlays your path on a map and you can switch between street view and satellite view. I can't speak about making your own notes though. I'm pretty sure there is also a geocaching app available on the market.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
D

Drewcifer

Reaction score
Thank you. I have the Geocaching app but haven't used it too much. I was going to give it a go today but wanted to see where I went.

OP
D

Drewcifer

Reaction score
FOUND what I needed. I started searching a different way thanks to your suggestion and came up with "My Tracks" a Google application. here's a video. [video=youtube;IBmjJrgUGdE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmjJrgUGdE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just be aware that some apps (such as My Tracks) require data for maps. If you need locally stored maps (say, if you're frequently in areas with no coverage) then make sure that the app offers them.