Sapphire?

charrod796

Reaction score
According to the changelog only 2 new minor updates to Sapphire from v1.1.1 to v2.0 am I missing something?

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're missing something.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do not notice much change either. I thought there would be more to it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, a lot of unwritten changes occur under the hood, as you are going up in FRG builds as well.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
There were base upgrades (source and props) and the inclusion of several features (rotary, appwidgetpicker, built-in wiimote setup, 2.1 volume controls, and long press back to kill).

But with brining 3 new phones in, and bring ruby to a way more stable state, I think the jump to 2.0.0 was just fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Armyof2

Reaction score
I think there would have been more if not for gingerbread. I'm thinking they want to shift focus from Froyo over to GB...and I've got no issue with that. The philosophy with the GEM series has been keep it fast keep it stable. They don't add things in for the sake of having features to brag about if it will impact the performance and stability. If you're looking for bells and whistles there are plenty of ROMs out there that have them. I've tried a bunch feature based roms and I always end up back on Sapphire because it just feels so much more solid

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I apologize I do not want to be negative. It runs great. I would like to use it in the future. But I have used many roms that are very very stable and still have alot of features and great battery life. App widget picker, rotary lock, long press back, 2.1 volume should be included in every new rom and I am grateful for those things, but some roms have gone above and beyond that without sacrificing stability. At least include black mms, black bar, and non-stock dialer.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I apologize I do not want to be negative. It runs great. I would like to use it in the future. But I have used many roms that are very very stable and still have alot of features and great battery life. App widget picker, rotary lock, long press back, 2.1 volume should be included in every new rom and I am grateful for those things, but some roms have gone above and beyond that without sacrificing stability. At least include black mms, black bar, and non-stock dialer.

Include themed items? That's just silly. If need be, grab these items out of another rom and push em in. Sapphire is about staying stock, stable, and smooth. You say roms have more and don't sacrifice, but the fact is they do.

Cvpcs has said plenty before he won't add something for the sake of adding features. He will add some needed features, ones that are very useful or nice to have. Otherwise, if you want more, you will have to roll your own version of the rom.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Armyof2

Reaction score

wasn't taking it as negativity..just explaining my thoughts on the matter :) I agree it's not very feature rich but that's kinda the idea of it...stable base rom that can be themed and tweaked.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes sorry I do not want to burn any bridges here. I am a Graphic Designer and get hung up on the look of an interface sometimes. I will come back to this rom when there are other themes available. Not all features = instability. I still think more features should have been included to compete with other roms.

OP
C

charrod796

Reaction score
I tried the rom and it is fast as always but sourcery and cm are both blazing fast with tons of features. I understand what they are trying to do and it just be tough supporting one rom for 4 devices but for this big of a jump in versions, I was expecting a bit more. Not trying to flame, they did make a kick-ass rom just a bit too plain for my liking

Armyof2

Reaction score
It's not for everyone. I'm not into the crazy features as much so I guess it doesn't bother me much, I've tried a whole host of different ROMs and I always seem to come back for one reason or another. Thats why it's great to have the ability to mess around and change whenever you want :)

OP
C

charrod796

Reaction score
It's not for everyone. I'm not into the crazy features as much so I guess it doesn't bother me much, I've tried a whole host of different ROMs and I always seem to come back for one reason or another. Thats why it's great to have the ability to mess around and change whenever you want :)
I guess that's true :)

Kanibull

Reaction score
Personally I've always thought that the gem series was more towards speed and stability and they don't include things in their rom that there is already an app for.