Sapphire Benchmarks

Skull One

Reaction score
I have a baseline Sapphire 1.1.1 Clean Room ROM set up. But I am having issues with installing OSMonitor on it to confirm it is truly clean. Soon as I figure out why it is failing to install, I can turn it over.

Skull One

Reaction score
Sounds good... I was fooling around and deleting apps from
/system/apps...ya... learned not to delete phone.apk...lol

Posted via Tapatalk

And there is a reason for that. If the Launcher that is marked as "Home" has crashed and can't be restarted properly, it defaults to phone.apk

Skull One

Reaction score
I have added some new kernel benchmarks on the blog. Check it out and let me know if you see issues...

Homindroid's Benchmarks

Dustin

First, I want to thank you for the funniest thing that has happened to me all week! I think I laughed for a good solid minute after reading my call sign as Kill_One. In fact, I may have to reserve that call sign here just because of how funny I found that! :)

I am glad to see the results of linpack tightened up to where I knew they could be based on my own testing. That gives me a great deal of faith that the rest of your tests/results are now spot on. Well done!

And my apologizes for not realizing that Quadrant needed WiFi to get a result. I am going to work on the Clean Room ROM to see if I can get WiFi back online without sacrificing testing consistency.

Who makes the "CPU Benchmark" app, so I can try to include it in the Clean Room ROM?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol @ Kill_One :)

Those look great. I didn't know skull was working on that with you. Sounds pretty cool. Those benchmarks all looked pretty close, though that doesn't come at much of a surprise to me.

Sent from my Droid

OP
H

Homindroid

Reaction score
Skull One (aka Kill_One ;) )

Uggg...thats what happens when you rush..you create new persona's..lol. I'm glad you found it funny though. One thing I realized after posting is the Slayher v1.6 kernel I found didn't describe it as a LV version, but after looking at the filename I realized it was...

Tank,

I wasn't sure how the results would turn out, I really don't know all the intricacies of a kernel...let alone a full ROM. I do feel that these results show how close all kernels perform to each other and those results add validation to the ROM benchmarks.

On that note....the ROM and kernel benchmarks will continue!

Dustin

ps- I need a better blog name...ideas?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Skull One (aka Kill_One ;) )

Uggg...thats what happens when you rush..you create new persona's..lol. I'm glad you found it funny though. One thing I realized after posting is the Slayher v1.6 kernel I found didn't describe it as a LV version, but after looking at the filename I realized it was...

Tank,

I wasn't sure how the results would turn out, I really don't know all the intricacies of a kernel...let alone a full ROM. I do feel that these results show how close all kernels perform to each other and those results add validation to the ROM benchmarks.

On that note....the ROM and kernel benchmarks will continue!

Dustin

ps- I need a better blog name...ideas?

Well things like this are great learning experiences for you and a lot of other people. Keep up the good work. :)

Sent from my Droid

Skull One

Reaction score
Lol @ Kill_One :)

Those look great. I didn't know skull was working on that with you. Sounds pretty cool. Those benchmarks all looked pretty close, though that doesn't come at much of a surprise to me.

Sent from my Droid

Anyone willing to undertake this kind of endeavor, I will try to help out if I can.

I am almost done working on version 2 of the Clean Room ROM. Down to the last little bits of clean up and testing to make sure WiFi works without auto-launching any processes that can't be killed off.

wingdo

Reaction score
I am almost done working on version 2 of the Clean Room ROM. Down to the last little bits of clean up and testing to make sure WiFi works without auto-launching any processes that can't be killed off.

Kill/Skull_one,

When done, could you post a link to it? I'd love to have a good clean ROM to test various kernels on my finicky Droid.

Skull One

Reaction score

Kill/Skull_one,

When done, could you post a link to it? I'd love to have a good clean ROM to test various kernels on my finicky Droid.

As soon as Homindroid tells me the remaining files I need to add to the ROM so he has a clean baseline, I will let you know where to grab it.