Sapphire 2.0.0 release is almost here...

ChaotiWolf

Reaction score
Will this be able to run smoothly on a 600Mhz Droid1? Unfortunately my phone can't overclock to anything above that (regardless of what ROM or kernel I'm using). I'm currently running 1.1.1. with no problems.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will this be able to run smoothly on a 600Mhz Droid1? Unfortunately my phone can't overclock to anything above that (regardless of what ROM or kernel I'm using). I'm currently running 1.1.1. with no problems.

Sapphire 2.0 is still a Froyo build, so I'm sure 600 will be fine.

Skull One

Reaction score

Boy would I love to play with your phone. It would be fun to actually try all my theories out on it and see what would happen.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
CW, I'd PM skull one, if anyone can get your Droid running higher than 600, he could. (what kernals have you tried?) :)

I myself backed off from running 1.0Ghz, when I upped to Sapphire 1.1.1

I just decoded to run witht eh 800Mhz kernal, and I am still impressed at how fast it is, and I let Saph's internal controls run it, not setCPU.

In fact, I was by a VZ kiosk this morning, looking at an X and D2, both seemed crippled (most likely due to ATK on both plus whatever else VZ had done to them) compared to my Saph enabled D1. :)

Really looking forward to 2.0, and then the GB port which by all accounts should run even better!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sapphire is, not a dumb Q at all.

What phone do you have so we can recommend what flavor for you?

Ruby - HTC Incredible

Emerald - Evo 4G

Obsidian and Tanzanite - works in progress for the X and D2 respectively.

Gremlin

Reaction score

I am running D1 (waiting for lte droid with tegra chip to come out) with sapphire 1.1.1

only problems I have found is when battery gets down to 20%-10% (does not happen every time just random), at then end of notification sound you can hear static sound.. To fix it I have to reboot.. Do not know if it is the ROM or my phone

Tsusai

Reaction score
Been trying out others, but i keep coming back. Bugless with w/e I pick cooks my phone, UD is ugly. *waits like a little kid*

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

I am running D1 (waiting for lte droid with tegra chip to come out) with sapphire 1.1.1

only problems I have found is when battery gets down to 20%-10% (does not happen every time just random), at then end of notification sound you can hear static sound.. To fix it I have to reboot.. Do not know if it is the ROM or my phone

Has it always don that? Most likely the phone, haven't had that problem myself ... but we can see what others chime in with.

Specifically though, you should open a new thread on that topic though ...

Armyof2

Reaction score
Sounds like Sapphire is pretty much done...he'll release all the builds at the same time once they're tested so we could see this soon!

OP
Tanknspank

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Sapphire is pretty much done...he'll release all the builds at the same time once they're tested so we could see this soon!

Just heard that Sapphire, Obsidian, and Tanzanite are all ready, Emerald is having kernel problems (which he is working on) and sniffle is going to test Ruby on monday. Release sometime after that :)

wingdo

Reaction score

Just heard that Sapphire, Obsidian, and Tanzanite are all ready, Emerald is having kernel problems (which he is working on) and sniffle is going to test Ruby on monday. Release sometime after that :)

Sounds like a Nandroid is in order as I have to try out 2.0.0 once it is released.

bhughesiii

Reaction score

The suspense is terrible, I hope it will last

EFDisaster

Reaction score
This is good news. I was invited to the 2.2.1 test, so I've been slowly customizing that and I was about to back up apps and put 1.1.1 back on... since every tweak seemed to be inching closer to "like when I had sapphire." :)