Sapphire 0.7.0 Problems

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything except voice search seems to be working for me now.

CVPCS, I tried extracting, copying over, and installing the .apk and all I get is "Application not installed" each time.

Any other ideas?

You can't just install it. You have to paste it into /system/apps/ and change the permissions. Have you tried the gapps fix?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

CVPCS, I tried extracting, copying over, and installing the .apk and all I get is "Application not installed" each time.

Any other ideas?

You can't just install it. You have to paste it into /system/apps/ and change the permissions. Have you tried the gapps fix?

and don't forget the reboot :)

MAzing87

Reaction score
Ok, I've wiped and reloaded twice and still the same thing. I see so few problems posted on this rom, I'm a little disapointed it's working for everyone but me!
You aren't the only one. I ended up going back to 6.2 because the market wouldn't work for me. I still don't have maps on my phone, and Ive tried everything suggested so far. :icon_evil:

mkraffert

Reaction score
are you wiping via ADB or clockwork partitions menu?

also try deleting 2 files from your SD card before booting the new ROM: the files named "Android" and "LOST.DIR"

so I would (in order)
1. boot into recovery
2. perform wipe
3. mount SD card
4. delete file folders
5 unmount SD card
6. reboot

apart from formatting the SD card, that's about a clean of a wipe as your gonna get to install from

This fixed it! The only thing different was deleting the LOST.DIR. I haven't heard of doing that before, but it works and I'll take it! Thank You!!

pappy53

Reaction score
I installed Sapphire.7, and now I can't do things in ROM Manager. Tried to flash CW recovery, and got "error occurred while trying to run privileged commands". Same thing with fix permissions and flash alternate recovery. I went back to BB.4, and everything works, so it must be a Sapphire problem. Anyone else?
And yes, I did re-install Sapphire, and had same results.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you install through rom manager or through d/l to sd card?
I went from BB .4 to this with no issues but I did not use rom manager to do it.

Cornholieo

Reaction score
Couple of problems

I have only come across two problems
1.) Wifi does not work (It senses the available Wifi networks, accepts my password but auto disconnects while Authorizing) Funny that Wireless Tether works great.
2.) Could not find Doodle Jump in the Market. Ended up downloading from Megaupload. I am sure though that there are other apps that will not show either.

Other than these two issues, I am very happy with this ROM. Thx for the great work dancedroid

Last edited:

obededom

Reaction score

also try deleting 2 files from your SD card before booting the new ROM: the files named "Android" and "LOST.DIR"

so I would (in order)
1. boot into recovery
2. perform wipe
3. mount SD card
4. delete file folders
5 unmount SD card
6. reboot

apart from formatting the SD card, that's about a clean of a wipe as your gonna get to install from

This fixed it! The only thing different was deleting the LOST.DIR. I haven't heard of doing that before, but it works and I'll take it! Thank You!!

no problem

when going to anything source, esp with the tweaked framework on sapphire, I try to kill every bit of any previous data from any other rom I've run. I'm glad it worked for ya

jayman350

Reaction score
so far the only issue that I am having with Sapphire 0.7.0 is that Pure Calendar Widget does not recognize the calendar that is installed. I checked and there is a Bugzilla report #27 that someone else posted from 0.6.2. I have the same exact issue as they do with it not recognizing Stock 2.2 calendar.

I had an issue with restoring my backup of Swype Beta. It happened on this and Kangerade 4.0.7. Installing from the downloader package worked, but you only get a certain number of d/ls before they shut you off. If you do get shut off, email them and explain that you can't just restore the backup b/c of these issues.

Other than these two hiccups the rom is running great, keep up the good work guys

MAzing87

Reaction score

so I would (in order)
1. boot into recovery
2. perform wipe
3. mount SD card
4. delete file folders
5 unmount SD card
6. reboot

I'm gonna try this.

MAzing87

Reaction score

Any other ideas?

The gapps fix? What's that?

mkraffert

Reaction score
Has anyone running the Smoked Glass theme without fonts noticed this? When I boot up the phone, on the lock screen the notification bar is a nice gradient blue color. As soon as I unlock the phone, and the home screen loads, the notification bar turns black. I'm running LauncherPro.

Cornholieo

Reaction score
I have only come across two problems
1.) Wifi does not work (It senses the available Wifi networks, accepts my password but auto disconnects while Authorizing) Funny that Wireless Tether works great.
2.) Could not find Doodle Jump in the Market. Ended up downloading from Megaupload. I am sure though that there are other apps that will not show either.

Other than these two issues, I am very happy with this ROM. Thx for the great work dancedroid

I reloaded using SPRecovery and the wireless now works. Though I still needed to download Doodle Jump outside the Market.

parker34

Reaction score
i am having a problem with voice search it is force closing in car home and when i long press the search dedicated button however the voice input works while texting