Sapphire 0.7.0 Problems

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
LMAO! Thanks Quantify. For all the reading I've done on this forum, and read about charger issues, I've never experienced something like this. It was a aftermarket charger, and yes, it was plugged in at the time.

I will be a little disapointed if I can't use any charger with this Rom while using the phone, I use it in the car non-stop. But time will tell.

Thanks again Quantify and thanks Martin too. Any ideas are better than people chimming in about how it's working for them.

Chris

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you get it running MonkeyTime?

I just ponied up and bought the Moto charger from VZW for the car to avoid "charger issues"

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Yes, it's running fine, and even with my other charger lol. My car charger is from Verizon, so hopefully it doesn't cause a problem.

Now to set this bad fella up and run it thru the paces to see how it does!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Alright. Chalk it up to an RM issue.

Glad you got it going. Enjoy!

moosc

Reaction score
Any fix for some apps not showing up in market? Ie like tapatalk weather which force closes? Or how about the gps fix? How soon till next update?

wingdo

Reaction score
Any fix for some apps not showing up in market? Ie like tapatalk weather which force closes? Or how about the gps fix? How soon till next update?

Did you check Sapphire's main page? There are two patches postd, one for the Market issue some people are having, and one for location services not working as well as Voice Search FCs.

releases:sapphire-0.7.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]

serveitup911

Reaction score

Did you check Sapphire's main page? There are two patches postd, one for the Market issue some people are having, and one for location services not working as well as Voice Search FCs.

Make a back up before you apply the fixes. I had nothing but problems after I applied the patches. My voice search still force closed, I had to accept google location multiple times on each boot, and my google sync got completely hosed with no option to add it back. I talked about these issues in the main 0.7.0 release thread, but didn't get any possible fixes there. I'm guessing some of the tweaks I did to speed up the ROM didn't jive with their patch. Long story short, I was glad for my backup!

I still like the ROM, and others have run the patch with no issues, so you will probably be fine.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Make a back up before you apply the fixes. I had nothing but problems after I applied the patches. My voice search still force closed, I had to accept google location multiple times on each boot, and my google sync got completely hosed with no option to add it back. I talked about these issues in the main 0.7.0 release thread, but didn't get any possible fixes there. I'm guessing some of the tweaks I did to speed up the ROM didn't jive with their patch. Long story short, I was glad for my backup!

I still like the ROM, and others have run the patch with no issues, so you will probably be fine.

agreed, be sure to back up. the issue you most likely had was due to the fact that the patch essentially wipes all of the gapps and reinstalls them. for the most part this is fine, but on occasion it causes a hiccup in the system and for some reason the "com.google.settings" provider "disappears", once that happens there is no way to fix it without either a.) doing a data wipe, or b.) restoring from a backup.

serveitup911: i'm sorry that you had a bad experience and i'm adding a warning to the main page as soon as i'm done typing this. i'm glad you were able to resolve it though :) if the patch isn't working for you, i would suggest just doing what others have done and copying the VoiceSearch.apk and NetworkLocation.apk files over manually, so that the google apps dont' get overwritten.

serveitup911

Reaction score
Thanks for your response, cvpcs. I will go ahead and manually replace the network location. I think I will wipe again before I install your next release, whenever that is.

I have a feeling that the market issues people are having will be sorted out when Verizon pushes 2.2.

mkraffert

Reaction score
I've run into 2 problems with this ROM. I love what I've seen in it, but the 2 problems are keepign me from running it for long periods.

Problem 1 - Market force closes. I installed, and wiped and when I open the market, after a few minutes it force closes. Then it keeps force closing. I've tried installing the market fix, but that didn't help. I've wiped and reinstalled with the market fix, no better. I've tried several times, and always get the same problem.

Problem 2 - I cannot install Google Maps.

Does anyone have a fix for these issues? I'd love to run this ROM because it seems really fast and smooth, but I'm just not having any luck with it. :(

obededom

Reaction score
I've run into 2 problems with this ROM. I love what I've seen in it, but the 2 problems are keepign me from running it for long periods.

Problem 1 - Market force closes. I installed, and wiped and when I open the market, after a few minutes it force closes. Then it keeps force closing. I've tried installing the market fix, but that didn't help. I've wiped and reinstalled with the market fix, no better. I've tried several times, and always get the same problem.

Does anyone have a fix for these issues? I'd love to run this ROM because it seems really fast and smooth, but I'm just not having any luck with it. :(

are you wiping via ADB or clockwork partitions menu?

also try deleting 2 files from your SD card before booting the new ROM: the files named "Android" and "LOST.DIR"

so I would (in order)
1. boot into recovery
2. perform wipe
3. mount SD card
4. delete file folders
5 unmount SD card
6. reboot

apart from formatting the SD card, that's about a clean of a wipe as your gonna get to install from

Honky Kong 64

Reaction score

Try this page:

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Everything except voice search seems to be working for me now.

CVPCS, I tried extracting, copying over, and installing the .apk and all I get is "Application not installed" each time.

Any other ideas?