Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

SanDisk released a new app yesterday that lets you manage, restore and backup you're phones onboard MicroSD and Cloud Services.

The MemoryZone App is free to install and use.

[video=youtube;YwfSmwIdSpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwfSmwIdSpk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Market Link

This is an app I think everyone will find useful, and best of all its free!

Via: Droid-Life.Com

Last edited:

djsiva

Reaction score
It isn't getting the best reviews right now, but it's in beta still. I can definitely see the potential with this though. :)

REMilk

Reaction score
I installed the Memory Zone app on my Droid 3. It started up quickly and accurately reported the memory information on both my internal (phone) and external micro-SD card. I linked all four of the currently available cloud storage sites, within Memory Zone, and again the cloud storage space was quickly determined. I encountered no problems with the app.

Presently, Memory Zone only supports the cloud services of DropBox, Box.net, Google Docs, and Picasa. I hope the plans are to increase the number of cloud sites that can be reported through this app.

I am going to suggest that they expand the cloud services to include Windows Live, SugarSync, ZumoDrive, and Amazon Cloud Drive.

This is based on my experience and my opinion, most likely yours will differ.

Bob

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, and who doesn't love free storage

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Im wondering if this would work to move apps to sd card on bionic... any volunteers? <g>

SteveIrv

Reaction score
WOW......I really liked this app. Once it got done analyzing my phone's storage utilization I moved a bunch of apps from my SD card back to the phone (much more room) and ordered a 32gig card to replace the stock 8 gig card which is nearly full (of music).

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure I see the value. Who would pay for the storage they need (16GB+ or so) to back-up their phone when you can just USB your computer and copy the SD folder?

As for backing-up, TB does a pretty good job of that, along with user and app settings. AppBrain also has a really nice feature for the flash-happy where you can batch install from market (my only issue is half-way between I have to move a bunch of apps to SD to make more room on internal memory for the rest). TB also has dropbox functionality although I've not used it.

Not that it isn't a nice app, but there are already several other options that do the job just fine.