Samsung's Galaxy S4 Gamepad Goes Up for Preorder for $113 Bucks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mobilefun-sgs4-gamepad-preorder.png

For any of our members interested in doing some serious gaming on their Galaxy S4 once it releases, you might want to check this out. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Game Pad - EI-GP10NNBEG is now available for preorder at Mobilefun for $ $112.99. Here's a quick blip about the device,
  • Transform your Galaxy S4 smartphone into a mobile gaming device
  • Features Bluetooth connectivity and NFC pairing
  • Suitable for screen sizes between 4" - 6.3"
  • Optimised buttons and controls for superior gaming performance
We know many of you guys (including us here at HQ) are salivating at the prospects this device represents. It offers several of the same benefits that the Nvidia Project Shield promises, but at a much cheaper price point.

Source: MobileFun

I guess I'm just a little confused as to why these are really necessary, and why the price is so high. I mean, I can understand the price if it's got a built in 10000mah battery pack that can simultaneously charge your device while you're using it and doing your gaming, and I understand games are likely going to be coming out that are optimized for the controller... but with apps such as Six-Axis Controller for just a few dollars..... I can do basically the same things this can do, and I don't have to spend tons of money on it. I can still play my games that support controllers. I can still use FPSe and play my Playstation games. These seem like a waste of money at this point.

+1 hradek422

Using the Sixaxis Controller app you can pair a Playstation 3 controller to your Android device and use it as a native gamepad. I've seen the same thing done with with a Wiimote as well, plus if your device supports the USB OTG, you can plug 3rd party USB controllers directly into your Android device and use them. Which I've done with my Logitech Gamepad F310

The only upside to this controller it seems, is that it docks the device on top of it to make it more like your typical mobile console. But is that worth the extra money when you consider it has less buttons than a PS3/Xbox controller and it looks to be as comfortable on your hands as a Gameboy Advance SP?

If you factor the Price of the rechargable battery it & cost of a bluetooth controller it might justify the price for a AIO Device. Sub $100 would be nicer

Back