Samsung's All Wireless Headphones Releasing Alongside Galaxy S8

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
rsi-cbt-gear-iconx-112816

With the abrupt and unfortunate ending to what was possibly the best cell phone of 2016 Samsung is looking to rebound with the upcoming release of the Galaxy S8. This has to be one of the most rumored, leaked, and anticipated devices ever. Everyone is excited to see what exactly Samsung has up their sleeves for this devices, and everyone is expecting Samsung to bring their A game with this release. There have been some very exciting rumors and also some outlandish rumors with this device. We are now hearing reports that Samsung will release their version of all wireless headphones along with the Galaxy S8.

This rumor goes right along with the rumor that Samsung may remove the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Galaxy S8. Removing the headphone jack could just be another way to extract money from your pocket as you end up needing bluetooth headphones. Samsung will reportedly release their own version of fully wireless headphones. If this is true it would be nice to see the headphones packaged with the S8. While it isn't likely that these headphones would make their way into the phone's box it is likely that Samsung would reward early buyers of the S8 with a free set of the wireless headphones through their reward program like they have with the Gear VR headset and other accessories.

via SamMobile

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
They look heavy and uncomfortable..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know the trend is going Bluetooth but I still feel like the technology, though improved, needs to still get better.

But I have to say we have come a long way from years past. I remember the old Bluetooth rocketfish headset and the Motorola S305s were considered good as far as reliability but would cut out if I turned my head a certain way or didn't have it in the right hand position. My powerbeats 2 (say what you will about beats) I can do a full workout and not have to worry about it cutting out unless the battery is low or I'm laying on my phone (push-ups or burpees).

The best headphones are the ones you can put on and forget they are there. I'm waiting until we can get high quality audio via Bluetooth at a reasonable price.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know the trend is going Bluetooth but I still feel like the technology, though improved, needs to still get better.

But I have to say we have come a long way from years past. I remember the old Bluetooth rocketfish headset and the Motorola S305s were considered good as far as reliability but would cut out if I turned my head a certain way or didn't have it in the right hand position. My powerbeats 2 (say what you will about beats) I can do a full workout and not have to worry about it cutting out unless the battery is low or I'm laying on my phone (push-ups or burpees).

The best headphones are the ones you can put on and forget they are there. I'm waiting until we can get high quality audio via Bluetooth at a reasonable price.

Aukey and other brands have reverse engineered the big dogs products at a much lower price. The LG Tones looking ones by a knock off are about $15-$25 on Amazon. My Aukeys came with a 2 year warranty vs the 1 year with LG, Jaybird, etc. as well as the quality being just as good

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't mind BT phones at all. Getting the cord out of my way is a big plus for me. When I strap on headphones, most of the time, I'm doing something working with my hands. Mowing the yard, running the snowblower, doing other work around the yard/house.

But, I've got weird shaped ear holes or something. Without the over-ear hooks that some provide, ear buds just don't stay in my ears very well. At least with the 2 sets I have that are wired together, even if I wasn't using the hooks to help keep them at least NEAR where they should be, if one falls out, I don't have to worry about it disappearing in the grass or snow.

While I can see where fully wireless buds could be more comfortable and less cumbersome if done right, I worry more about losing one than anything else.

As Mark said, the 2 pairs I have are definitely on the cheap side, but they give me "good enough" sound and volume and get the job done.

I'm definitely not in the market to pay $100+ for a set like this and the chance to lose one of them.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Aukey and other brands have reverse engineered the big dogs products at a much lower price. The LG Tones looking ones by a knock off are about $15-$25 on Amazon. My Aukeys came with a 2 year warranty vs the 1 year with LG, Jaybird, etc. as well as the quality being just as good

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I tried one of aukey's bt headphones this time last year before finally buying my beats. I was upstairs on the track and I didn't even get a half a lap before they were falling out of my ear and I got livid. I almost threw them across the track if it was not for another person being up there with me.

When you got the right song going and you get running, last thing you need are your headphones killing the vibe.

Are beats overpriced, yup. Are there better sounding headphones at a cheaper price, yup. But they have been able to hang whether I'm jumping rope, doing burpees, bench pressing, squatting, or running, and that is why they have become my go-to workout headphones, and I been through a lot of headphones.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Samsung has already released those... I think they are called Gear Iconx or something...

Sent from my Sexy IPhone 7+

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung has already released those... I think they are called Gear Iconx or something...

The iconX have a heart rate monitor, interact with S Health and all that jazz. I think these are going to be just the earbuds minus all the fitness aspects.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Ohhh

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I tried a pair of reversed engineered powerbeats, treblab earbuds, and I must say they are no where near. For a pair of cheap earbuds you will keep in your bag for a trip or to have lying around they will do the trick. But I could not rely on those earbuds for working out. I would end up throwing them across the room in frustration. The loop that hangs on the back of your ear is too large on the knockoffs vs what is on the powerbeats. Even with the powerbeats i find them just barely hanging on at times when I am jumping rope, yet they hang on enough to keep the sound. The knock offs will fall out every time. Plus the sound quality is not that good compared to beats, which is saying something considering beats are not what you would consider the top of the line as far as sound quality.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I tried a pair of reversed engineered powerbeats, treblab earbuds, and I must say they are no where near. For a pair of cheap earbuds you will keep in your bag for a trip or to have lying around they will do the trick. But I could not rely on those earbuds for working out. I would end up throwing them across the room in frustration. The loop that hangs on the back of your ear is too large on the knockoffs vs what is on the powerbeats. Even with the powerbeats i find them just barely hanging on at times when I am jumping rope, yet they hang on enough to keep the sound. The knock offs will fall out every time. Plus the sound quality is not that good compared to beats, which is saying something considering beats are not what you would consider the top of the line as far as sound quality.
That's one of the reasons I've used the lg tone since I found out about them... The first versions can be found for as little as 30 and they work great while working out... I did start wearing a hood to keep them around my neck while benching but otherwise they are great.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk