New S8 Cases Suggest Major Changes Coming To The S8 and S8 Plus.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s8-mobilefun-case.jpg

There are so many "rumor" and "leaks" for the Galaxy S8 most of which contradict one another. We have heard the S8 will be bezeless, it will have stereo speakers, it will drop the 3.5 mm headphone jack, it will drop the physical home button, and the list just goes on and on. A new set of Galaxy S8 case pictures suggest some major changes are coming to the S8 and S8 Plus. I can imagine some very unhappy campers if these latest rumors turn out to be true.

According to sources the images above show three ports. Those ports being for a speaker, a mic, and an S-Pen. Yes you heard that right and S-Pen. This doesn't make much sense to me as Samsung stands to lose sales of the Note 8 at a more expensive price point in the fall if this ends up being the case. We also don't see a headphone jack here. If that port is for the S-Pen we are also missing a usb port. The source is saying that Qi wireless charging will be the primary method of charging and there won't be a charge port. That is a red flag to me. Surely Samsung wouldn't remove the usb port. That port serves as a data transfer port as well as a fast charge port. I just can't see Samsung removing it. According to the cases there is no 3.5mm headphone jack. The circular port is to small for that and is more fitting of a microphone hole. This case seems to just be way off. What do you guys think?

kjumper187

Reaction score
That looks like the case for a Note 7 on a SGS8 mock-up, with the image flipped. The image on the left doesn't even match up to the phone...IMO. Look at the top of the case to the phone.

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
That looks like the case for a Note 7 on a SGS8 mock-up, with the image flipped. The image on the left doesn't even match up to the phone...IMO. Look at the top of the case to the phone.
I was thinking that too. Looks like a Note 7 case with a few small changes.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Looks like a spot for a S-Pen and possibly a USB -C on top.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
there is also one to the top corner which is most likely the SIM / MicroSD Slot