Samsung Unveils the Galaxy Note 4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-4-unveiled-at-ifa-2014.PNG

[Update: The phone has been confirmed for AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular in October.]

Samsung officially unveiled the Galaxy Note 4. Here's the full hardware spec-list:
  • Super AMOLED screen Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440)
  • Rear-facing camera is now 16MP
  • Battery 3,220mAh.
  • Front-facing camera is a 3.7MP sensor and an aperture of f/1.9 (wider viewing angle for improved selfies and wefies.
  • Korean Note 4 will have Octa-core Exynos 5433 chipset, which is split up into a 1.9GHz quad-core processor for bigger activities and a 1.3GHz quad-core for the smaller tasks
  • Everywhere else the Note 4 will have a 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 with a 600MHz Adreno 420 GPU Both versions will have 3GB of RAM
  • 32 and 64GB storage options.
  • Add up to a 64GB with a microSD card
  • S Pen - enhanced and more pressure sensitive
  • fingerprint scanner on front
  • heart rate monitor on the back underneath the camera next to the flash
  • UV light sensor on the back
  • Smart Optical Image Stabilization on the camera
  • Android 4.4 KitKat with the same Samsung UI as seen on the Galaxy S5
It will come in black, white, gold and pink.

For more discussions regarding the Galaxy Note 4, please head over to our dedicated section right here on Droidforums: http://www.droidforums.net/forums/samsung-galaxy-note-4.711/

Pricing has not been shared just yet, but the device should hit shelves by October. We will keep you updated.

Last edited:

Tonik

Reaction score
C'mon devs. Bypass Knox and root this puppy, posthaste.

Are you done yet?

How about now?

Now?
Be real careful buying anything Sammy if you want it unlocked. They have hired full time outside infosec people to test all of their stuff and kill the exploits. And now that they have done this it won't be hard to prevent the exploits as most of them are known nix exploits.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now I'll just set back and wait for Eve's favorite fruit to be exposed and then I'll able to see who gets my dead presidents.HOLLA!!!!!! :D

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be real careful buying anything Sammy if you want it unlocked. They have hired full time outside infosec people to test all of their stuff and kill the exploits. And now that they have done this it won't be hard to prevent the exploits as most of them are known nix exploits.

I'm not purchasing my next phone until whatever model it is has at least been rooted if not unlocked.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
The reasons I had/have for wanting a rooted/unlocked phone and other things are becoming less (I can add a USB drive for more storage, add an external battery so removable ones are less important. But backups are important to me (especially if I update a Rom either by OTA or otherwise) and as the internal memory grows so does the crap they preinstall so there is very little useful internal memory available. Unless I root I can't fix that. Get a clue manufacturers, I don't just take pictures or movies, I install APPS! I make my phone useful. Vent over.

Tonik

Reaction score
I'm with you zinethar, I don't rom anymore but feel better with a recovery in case I blow it up with root.

But Sammy isn't interested in me or you, we are a small number of sales. They want the corporate business, the law firms, hospitals and so on that require a locked and secure phone.

maripandam

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One
wow! is wonderful. it's the inventor or very good and keep trying possibility. :D

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
The reasons I had/have for wanting a rooted/unlocked phone and other things are becoming less (I can add a USB drive for more storage, add an external battery so removable ones are less important. But backups are important to me (especially if I update a Rom either by OTA or otherwise) and as the internal memory grows so does the crap they preinstall so there is very little useful internal memory available. Unless I root I can't fix that. Get a clue manufacturers, I don't just take pictures or movies, I install APPS! I make my phone useful. Vent over.

exactly, stop completely locking the devices, there's only a small group of us that would actually use it, why are you punishing us. damnit sammy. this is my small laptop, I want to use it for what I WANT TO USE IT FOR!!! not what you think I should use it for.

I want this, really bad, but I'll probably not get it until after it's at least rooted, I can do without roms as long as I can backup everything like I do currently and have root access

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm sure root will be available shortly so don't let that stop you...

kitty start

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
+86
Why does note4 adopt 2.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805?The most amazing is that S Pen technology.:p:p:p

cantenna

Reaction score
Oooo, does it also sport the latest and greatest version of knox too, essentially breaking every single reason why I would buy this phone over an iPhone! gosh, sure hope so mister.