Samsung to Launch New Mobile Product via Superbowl Ad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-new-product-launch-superbowl.png

Apparently, Samsung wants to get the word out that they have a new and previously unknown mobile device ready to launch. In fact, it is such a big deal, that they Tweeted to let everyone know to look for it as a Superbowl Commercial this coming Sunday. This is an example of great "tease" marketing because there is absolutely no data out there as to what device this could possibly be. They have already indicated that the Samsung Galaxy SIII would not launch at Mobile World Congress, so unless they meant that it won't be at MWC because it will have been outed already, then the device can't be the SGS3, can it?

Perhaps it is the new quad-core tablet we have heard hints about. We are reaching out our journalistic feelers to grasp any bit of info regarding what they might be hinting at, but we may just be in the dark until the big game day like everyone else. Of course, the "so big" statement could be referring to the Galaxy Note for AT&T...

What do you guys think it might be?

Source: Twitter - Samsung

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I bet it's that new tablet they're working on.

In which case I'm just meh about.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
From Samsungs Facebook page:

"We're telling our fans first: We have an announcement so big that only the biggest game in America could do it justice. This Sunday, we will debut our first ever ad during the SB to announce the launch of the Galaxy Note! Expect the unexpected. LIKE if you want hints."

iGrizz

Reaction score
Wonder if it will be coming to Verizon... My guess was the Galaxy SIII or the Note. I really like the Galaxy Player 5.0 I played with at Best Buy around christmas last year. That thing just felt right in my hand and I am sure the Note will be just as good. Sadly I have a Nexus and don't want to wait around to see where and when its coming.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
From Samsungs Facebook page:

"We're telling our fans first: We have an announcement so big that only the biggest game in America could do it justice. This Sunday, we will debut our first ever ad during the SB to announce the launch of the Galaxy Note! Expect the unexpected. LIKE if you want hints."

Seriously?

Maybe it's just because we're a tech site, and know this stuff but...

Galaxy Note was announced in Oct, and we knew about the AT&T version for a month (CES).

I wish when companies have something "HUGE", "SECRETIVE", and "REVOLUTIONARY". It's something that we haven't already known about for a few months.

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
It's a small tablet with a sytlus. But it's more of a 4:3 ratio on the screen. BB has them on display already.