Samsung Smart Switch - found it!

smiller136

Reaction score
When I received my S7, the rep told me that I could use the Smart Switch app to move files from my S5 to the new phone. I couldn't download the Smart Switch app because it isn't compatible with the S7. I ended up manually moving the files. Yesterday, I stumbled upon Smart Switch in my S7! It's built into the S7 and hidden in the settings.

Go to Settings > Backup and reset. It's the first option. Go figure.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For anybody moving from iOS, SmartSwitch is the only solution out there that truly pulls all of your texts and iMessages AND the photos embedded in them and puts them into your Samsung device appropriately. It's really an awesome "switcher".

RJLOMMD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GALAXY S7 Edge
All true. But it puts everything into the INTERNAL memory. Here's what I did: I removed my SDcard from my S5 and copied all the data onto my new (larger) SD card using my PC. Then, with NO cards in the phones I ran Smart Switch selecting those items I wanted transferred. Then I installed the new card in the S7 and it all worked except for a couple of things I had to adjust manually and the lack of data transfer for Fuel Log (my gas consumption app).

RJLOMMD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GALAXY S7 Edge
Thanks! If I find something that works and is worthwhile, I can't see a reason not to share it!