Samsung Rumors from Bloomberg: Note 7 Confirmed & Bendable Phones Next Year

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
another-render-of-the-samsung-galaxy-note-6-or-the-galaxy-note-7-from-uswitch.jpg

It looks like a couple of rumors we have reported previously about Samsung might be closer to a "confirmation." At least, we now have some third party confirmation from one of the more reputable news sources. Bloomberg just reported three fascinating things about Samsung's plans over the next year and half.

First, the editors at Bloomberg are getting behind the idea that Samsung will skip a generation name for their popular Galaxy Note series. They claim their sources confirmed that the next version of the Galaxy Note will indeed be the Note 7 instead of the Note 6.

The second bit of intel Bloomberg reported is that Samsung will indeed offer up the first bendable smartphone next year. Supposedly, Samsung has perfected their flexible OLED tech enough to offer up a smartphone that will be foldable in a similar manner to a cosmetic compact.

Finally, the cosmetic compact smartphone will not be the only bendable phone Samsung brings to market in 2017. The report indicates a second Samsung model will include a 5-inch screen when it is being used as a normal handset, but it will unfurl into an 8 inch tablet display.

Two of these rumors are simply reiterations of reports we shared previously at the links provided below:
Although the name change for the Note 6 to Note 7 is obviously not that big of a deal, foldable smartphones in 2017 could be. Here's a quote from Lee Seung Woo, an analyst at IBK Securities Co, “This product could be a game-changer if Samsung successfully comes up with a user interface suitable for bendable screens. Next year is a probable scenario. Their biggest obstacle was related to making transparent plastics and making them durable, which seems resolved by now.”

What do you folks think? Could Samsung really shake up the industry with the first big innovation in touch-screen tech in years?

Here's our dedicated section for the Samsung Galaxy Note 6/7 for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 6/7

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a video demo of a flexible smartphone concept from Samsung:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Personally i think the Note should be tge new Beast on the Market so if it is anything less it will be a disappointment. Latest and Greatest Snapdragon, 6GB Ram, MicroSD, Large Battery, Waterproof. I would like to see an Edge Version. I see this then i will have my next phone otherwise i may go to a Moto Z especially if they are going to a Shatterproof Screen.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Very happy about the note renaming, that always confused me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another attempt to clone Apple. IPhone 7? Will they call the next Note the Note 7S and say S stands for Samsung?

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was going to say something to this effect but bit my lip. Glad I'm not the only one who sees this for what it is.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
...The report indicates a second Samsung model will include a 5-inch screen when it is being used as a normal handset, but it will unfurl into an 8 inch tablet display.

This was exactly what I suggested could be a true revolutionary product, and the 5" portrait to 8" landscape layout is only natural. Let's see this.

I'm thinking the fold open phone could either be a huge failure due up being cumbersome, or it could be a great revival of flip phone technology.

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This was exactly what I suggested could be a true revolutionary product, and the 5" portrait to 8" landscape layout is only natural. Let's see this.

I'm thinking the fold open phone could either be a huge failure due up being cumbersome, or it could be a great revival of flip phone technology.

fe315f385853a2b94436008a359ec4ed.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

adaro

Banned
Reaction score
Samsung makes no mistake by changing the name of the Galaxy Note 6. The public seems ready for the Note 7. No one would be lost in the range Note facing this change.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
galaxy s7 achat apple iphone 6s

Last edited:

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Why do people think that making the Note and Galaxy S phones have the same number when they're released in the same generation is "copying Apple"?

Seems more like a common sense thing to not confuse consumers who may think they're getting an outdated product.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Why do people think that making the Note and Galaxy S phones have the same number when they're released in the same generation is "copying Apple"?

Seems more like a common sense thing to not confuse consumers who may think they're getting an outdated product.
I think it's either a combination of both or coincidence but if not, it's a highly suspicious coincidence. Either way, why not try to maintain some differentiality rather than making it exactly the same. I mean could you see Chevrolet making their next truck an F150 instead of an S-1500 (Silverado)? It's really no coincidence in my mind that the Ford trucks are F150, F250, F350, etc., and the Chevy trucks are 1500, 2500, 3500. At least they maintain some unique identity.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6