Samsung Reveals the Gear VR in Partnership with Oculus (Works with the Galaxy Note 4)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-gear-vr-ifa-2014.PNG

Samsung wasn't finished announcing stuff after the two Note devices and the Gear S. They also shared the new Gear VR headset. Samsung partnered up with Oculus to bring this technology to market. The device works hand in hand with the Galaxy Note 4.

Luckily, the hardware in both the headset and the Galaxy Note 4 supposedly helps create a rich VR experience.

The famed video game developer John Carmack even took to the stage to help announce this impressive device.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If its designed to work only with Samsung devices its destined to fail. After Facebook bought out Oculus I was upset. Said I'd never buy one. Since them I've calmed down and I will buy one after its been tested not to be crap because of Facebook. But to have one for my phone only...thats too specific of a device range to think about.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
If its designed to work only with Samsung devices its destined to fail. After Facebook bought out Oculus I was upset. Said I'd never buy one. Since them I've calmed down and I will buy one after its been tested not to be crap because of Facebook. But to have one for my phone only...thats too specific of a device range to think about.
while I agree the only reason it was bought by facebook was because Marc Zuckerberg saw it and saw massive potential, If I had the money it would have been a no brainer to buyout a company with that much potential.

Hopefully they don't mess it up, however at least it's out there.