Samsung Ranks as Preferred Android Brand in United States

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung_logo_screen.jpg

According to a new report from market strategy firm iGR, not only is Android the top selling smartphone in the U.S. at 47% of the market, but Samsung is the Android of choice amongst those. Apple's iOS was second to Android with 24%. This is not really surprising news for most Android fans, especially since we are the ones driving those numbers, but there were some additional figures that were interesting. Among consumers that purchased Android, 45% of them did some research before buying, and 27% considered Google's reputation as a reason to purchase.

The study bases its findings on 2011 US smartphone sales data, and the profiling of Android users as well. Here's a quote from iGR Research Analyst, Sarah Thoman, who authored the study, "Understanding why consumers select specific brands and certain smartphones is critical to the success of OEMs in the highly competitive U.S. handset market. While a user's current handset brand influences the selection of a new Android smartphone, many other factors also come into play. For example, handset display quality and functionality also highly influenced the smartphone purchase decision."

What do you guys think? What is your favorite brand of Android?

Source: Android.net via PhoneArena

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I can see that. I'm 99% sure my next phone will be a samsung unless Moto gets rid of encrypted bootloaders before March.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I've been pretty partial to Motorola for phones but all the smartphones they've released after the OG Droid 1 it seems they've lost touch with their consumers. I got a D2G for dev purposes and I'm not all that impressed with it. I plan to check out the Droid 4 when it comes out but I wasn't impressed by the Droid 3. As far as tablets go I'm more interested in Asus.

miltk

Reaction score
i think samsung does a brilliant job of marketing and advertizing. i think samsung does a great job of making their product delectable. i think samsung is also in tune with what's snazzy and what customers like. i think samsung builds some of the poorest products on the market and are ultimately overrated. the fascinate was awesome looking!, so wtf was up with the poor gps!! this was quintessentially samsungish.

i'm not surprised at the poll. samsung's lineup is smart and sexy, but if you want to see something that separates itself from the rest, go to a sony superstore if you can or wait for att to get your hands on the experia ion. it is a whole new animal.

102010184gw

Reaction score
My next phone will be either a samsung or an htc

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums