Samsung Pokes Fun at Own Previous 'home-made video' Ad with Holiday Sequel

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;XIKv1AXUmOk]http://youtu.be/XIKv1AXUmOk[/video]​

Well... it seems that Samsung's marketing team is pulling out all the stops in the creativity department. They are even poking fun at their own previous commercials and reusing their concepts in creative and disturbingly funny ways. The above video is basically a holiday-themed sequel/reboot/copy of Samsung's previous S Beam on the SGS3 commercial, in which the wife hints at a "home-made adult" video she created for her husband. This was the one where the kids share their videos with daddy as he gets in the cab, and the wife then does the same, but tells him he shouldn't watch it on the plane.

This new one uses the same formula, but swaps out the players for Santa, his wife and some elves! It even ends with Samsung's familiar phrase, "The Next Big Thing is Here." Innuendo much?

This commercial may not be politically correct, but sometimes the best humor pushes the envelop. Does this one push too far, or hit the funny bone just right? You decide...

Funny sidenote: I wonder if Apple will try to sue Samsung for stealing their own ideas? :big smile:

dave52355

Reaction score
Ohhhhh, now I know where all those elves came from! Santa's been busy. :blink:

Merry Christmas

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have a TOUGH sense of humor. Stuff has to be REALLY funny to make me laugh.
That look on Santa's face as he pulls away? I LOL'ed. Not just typing it like LAUGHED OUT LOUD.
Nothing wrong with that at all.

/edit/ And laughed AGAIN watching it a second time. As he waves and pulls away? LOL
Brilliant.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I really don't get this tech though. How does a video transfer in a second like that? Is it uploading and downloading behind the scenes on a Samsung server?

Tonik

Reaction score
I really don't get this tech though. How does a video transfer in a second like that? Is it uploading and downloading behind the scenes on a Samsung server?

It doesn't transfer that fast. The touch starts the process...NFC sees the touch and issues the command to transfer. The transfer is then done via wireless. So in the ad the wife touches phones and after she pulls away the transfer is happening over wireless.

It's very fast though. And very easy. Wife and I trade pics all the time. No it does not hit a Samsung server, it is a direct transfer.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
first commercial was great... this one..
eh... guess mrs claus has to keep her man happy while he's eating cookies and drinking milk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk