Samsung may confirm Four Android Upgrades for these Galaxy devices alongside five years of security patches

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Maybe I'm late to the party but this is the first I've heard of the older phones being included in the new update policy.

For a couple of years, Samsung is proving three years of major OS updates to its flagship Galaxy devices. Meanwhile, recently, Samsung has made a major shift in its Android software updates policy as it has switched to four years of major Android OS updates and five years of security patches.
Samsung believes this change will better meet the longer lifecycle of smartphones while improving the long-term security of those who depend on them. Samsung’s new update policy is now making its way to users and will be applicable to the upcoming Galaxy S22 series smartphone and later.

However, not only the upcoming Samsung Galaxy devices but some old ones are also eligible to get its advantages. You can check the list of devices that are compatible with Samsung’s new update policy.

Compatible devices:
  • Galaxy S22
  • Galaxy S22+
  • Galaxy S22 Ultra
  • Galaxy Tab S8
  • Galaxy Tab S8+
  • Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
  • Galaxy S21
  • Galaxy S21+
  • Galaxy S21 Ultra
  • Galaxy S21 FE
  • Galaxy Z Fold 3
  • Galaxy Z Flip 3

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yes indeed..good news for All ...Samsung is doing the right thing ...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Good morning, anybody upgrading their Tablet to the new S8 varieties coming out?

I have an S8+ on pre-order, great deal as a buy back on my S7.
I love the S7 but should have gone with the S7+... So this time it's the Plus size.
I looked into the Ultra, but it's huge, and I have a MS Surface, which is basically the same size as the Ultra and for simple media consumption, it's too big.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good morning, anybody upgrading their Tablet to the new S8 varieties coming out?

I have an S8+ on pre-order, great deal as a buy back on my S7.
I love the S7 but should have gone with the S7+... So this time it's the Plus size.
I looked into the Ultra, but it's huge, and I have a MS Surface, which is basically the same size as the Ultra and for simple media consumption, it's too big.

I've eliminated the tablets in my rotation ...currently selling my ipad Air 3rd gen and just going to keep laptop and phones

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Going minimal is good, I tried that a few years back, but now when I travel for work, I travel with laptop, iPad and iphone for work, Laptop, Android tablet and Android phone... Makes some airports a bit crazy when they want all the electronics spread out...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Going minimal is good, I tried that a few years back, but now when I travel for work, I travel with laptop, iPad and iphone for work, Laptop, Android tablet and Android phone... Makes some airports a bit crazy when they want all the electronics spread out...

Oh yeah that's a nice little carry bag

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk