Samsung Shares Official Word of 14 Galaxy Devices They Will Upgrade to Android KitKat

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-KitKat-Kit-Kat-yellow-backg.jpg

Apparently, Samsung is no longer messing around with taking their sweet time to get the latest version of Android on their devices. They just officially shared a list of 14 different Samsung Galaxy devices which will soon receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update. Some of them will start today.

Here's the full list:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
  • Samsung Galaxy Mega
  • Samsung Galaxy Light
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Keep something in mind regarding this, because there is one caveat. Samsung made it clear that this update will still depend on "select carriers." Your specific milage will vary depending on your carrier. For the most part, Sammy has the work done, and the carrier just has to say yea or nay to the update. Here's the full presser below:

DALLAS, February 18, 2014 – Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced today that a number of Samsung Galaxy® devices will receive the Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) software update, enriching the Galaxy experience.
The upgrade provides a number of innovative, easy-to-use features that enhance the user experience, including a more intuitive user interface, enhanced messaging capabilities and updated applications:

Location Menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities.

Enhanced Messaging: Enables users to choose between Messages or Hangouts as their preferred default messaging application, and select from a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons.

Upgraded Google Mobile Service™ (GMS) apps: Users can automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files.

Samsung Galaxy U.S. devices currently scheduled to receive the KitKat update include select carrier variants of the Galaxy Note® 3, Galaxy Note® II, Galaxy S® 4, Galaxy S® 4 mini™, Galaxy S® 4 Active™, Galaxy S® 4 zoom™, Galaxy S® III, Galaxy S® III mini™, Galaxy Mega®, Galaxy Light, Galaxy Note® 8.0, Galaxy Tab® 3, Galaxy Note® 10.1, Galaxy Note® 10.1 2014 Edition.

Availability varies by carrier and product, with updates beginning today and continuing throughout the coming months.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Is good to see several of the older tabs listed for the upgrade...I have checked my Note 8 (LOL) and so far nothing.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Well, good news and bad. By the time my Verizon branded S3 gets it, I'll have my S5 by then. LOL :D:D

tap'n