Samsung Jasper SCH-i200: Budget Phone with LTE, ICS & Snapdragon S4 Coming to VZW

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Jasper-Verizon-Android-ICS-LTE.jpeg

A heretofore unannounced budget-friendly phone with some pretty decent specs seems to be coming to Verizon. The Samsung Jasper SCH-i200 includes LTE, Ice Cream Sandwich, and a Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor. The phone cuts some costs by having a smaller WVGA display, and an unknown camera without flash on the back. As you can see from the pic, the aesthetics are a bit reminiscent of the Droid Charge. There are no specifics on a timeline of availability, but we will keep you apprised when we find out more.

What do you guys think? Could this be a decent device for our friends and family members that don't need a high-end product?

Source: UnWiredView

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This looks exactly like the Illusion. Which I believe was sch-i110.

Are S4's cheap or something? Despite it being a high end CPU, it's in a lot of budget phones.

npro1464

Reaction score
Don't understand these budget phones at all. Why would anyone want a refreshed Droid Charge? The premium phones usually get discounted so much, either through Amazon or through VZ on a promotion, so why would people opt of these cheesy things instead of a Galaxy Nexus or a Droid Razr?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because some people want a free or next to free new phone? Because some people don't have $600 to drop on a new device off-contract? Not everyone needs a high-end, mod friendly device. I certainly do agree that lower-end phones do need to be kept to a minimum, though.