Samsung Hires Actor James Franco for Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tab Commercial

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;RKzNr2y_qTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKzNr2y_qTQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Whether you are a fan of James Franco or not, it was pretty clever of Samsung to hire him as their "spokes-actor" in their newest Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet commercial. The video oozes some creative charm and a cheeky, yet affable humor. Franco may not be as big of a superstar as Samuel L. Jackson, or John Malkovich (both showed up in Apple iPad commercials), but perhaps he will appeal to a more diverse audience. What do you guys think of this commercial? Hit or miss?

Source: SamsungMobile

BaSHa

Reaction score
meh... It was ok, at least it isn't as annoying as the dumb jokes that are used the Siri commercials.

The only tech commercial I have really enjoyed are the Droid robot/secret weapon ones.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I HATE that John Malkovich commercial. What a sell-out. He's supposed to be playing this sophisticated intellectual, but that commercial makes him look like a loner moron. Watch what people are doing with Siri in the commercials. They are either complete idiots or the laziest slobs you've ever seen, or both.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^. Agreed. I thought the Apple "actor" commercials were horrible. I like this James Franco commercial, because if you watch closely, it pokes some indirect fun at those Apple commercials. :)

todroid

Reaction score
Samsung knew that if they hired anyone in a mainstream acting circles, Apple would sue them for "consumer confusion". "Wait, was that an iPad commercial?...
Samsung had to roll with someone who Apple would never hire in a million years. Someone with the "trifecta of joint smoking power". I would love for Samsung to extend this further and start naming that tablet "Samsung Cross-Joint". This is what what your grandchildren are going to be smoking.... errr, using.

quaffapint

Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off about the apple commercials is the little type that says sequences shortened - show em how slow and crappy siri really is - I can't believe they're allowed to get away with that false advertising.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty funny. The Samuel L Jackson commercial makes him look like a moron and the Malkovich commercial makes him look like a sad, awkward old man.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
not a fan of him or recording video with a tablet.. that just looks wrong

siri commercial with Martin Scorsese is horrendous

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk