James Franco Shows Off Cool Features of the New Samsung Galaxy Camera

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;gXF-9ILA9zM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gXF-9ILA9zM[/video]​

James Franco seems to be best friends with Samsung now (or at least they offered him a lucrative advertising contract). Regardless of the logistics behind it, the actor has been showing up in several commercials for the company. The above is his latest, and in it he shows off a number of impressive features found in the new Samsung Galaxy Camera. I was especially impressed with the ability to instantly upload a pic to the email accounts of those in the pic after choosing them. I don't feel the need for a camera that is separate from my phone, and I found myself wanting the Galaxy Camera after this ad. Share your opinion.

Source: Samsung

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
it seems too silly to use as a phone or waste money on a data plan for it. if it was wifi it would make more sense. i still prefer my Nikon d5100. it takes really good pics and i can just upload em with my phone(i use a class 10 microsd with an adapter).

comk4ver

Reaction score
A real good test would be video taping a band on stage... normally you'd get a lot of topped out sound with static.

Captmilk

Reaction score
The first innovating feature is laughable "Crop", the rest of the video is pretty good though.

Reaction score
So now when we buy a camera we'll need a data plan for it? Verizon will own our lives soon.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm someone who has to put my photos through PhotoShop before sending them out. Color corection and what not. The Photoshop touch app is REALLY nice, but I have yet to find the info panel that shows me the RGB amount of a given point. If it does PLEASE tell me, cause then I'd be super happy.

Nonetheless, the only "cool" thing I saw was the data connection, but even then I can live without it. I'm perfectly fine with putting my pictures on my computer the 'ol fashion way and then sending them out. Though, I guess if you're all about instant sharing then that's good. As long as you're in a WiFi zone.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea I can't see paying a data plan for a camera, unless you can use your shared data. I was just waiting for him to send it flying when he was spinning it around :p