Samsung Gear VR Available on Pre-Order for $99; First Game Already Available Called 'Land's End'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-gear-vr-preorder.jpeg

We have a slick two-part news flash for anyone interested in the Samsung Gear VR tech. It is now available for pre-order and is only $99.99. Of course, Sammy's new VR tech requires the use of one of their current flagship phones: the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, and Note 5, so that will obviously leave a few folks out in the cold.

If you are the proud owner of one of these devices, and you pre-order the device, it is scheduled to arrive on November 20th. You can currently pre-order at these locations: Amazon, Best Buy, and Samsung. If you would rather wait and play with it before taking the plunge, on November 27, T-Mobile will have the Gear VR for sale online and in its stores.

For more info, check out this link: New $99 Samsung Gear VR Powered by Oculus Available for Pre-Order Today

The next part of our story is that a new game is already available to show off the capabilities of the Gear VR. It's called Land's End and it's basically a puzzle adventure style game and comes from the designers of the popular iOS/Android game Monument Valley. You can check out the game in action by watching the video included in the thread below. (Of course, it probably won't seem that impressive unless you are using a Gear VR headset with it.)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video of the Gear VR game "Land's End":

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
As cool as I think it'll be, I think I'll pass. Its still limited by the power of your phone. I'll get me an Oculus when it launches next year.
The only thing I think would justify buying one is the Netflix experience you get with it. They have a VR app and it seems to be awesome.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm still not sold on buying one that's for specific phones either. Heck of an investment to make, not knowing if your next phone will be compatible.

I'll stick with my free cardboard for now. Don't really use it a whole lot, though it's definitely a cool concept.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on buying one that's for specific phones either. Heck of an investment to make, not knowing if your next phone will be compatible.

I'll stick with my free cardboard for now. Don't really use it a whole lot, though it's definitely a cool concept.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
exactly, this is like those vehicle docks that are phone specific, except 3-4 times more expensive. just not gonna cut it.